Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GASP Dragon Ball Z....

1. GASP Dragon Ball Z....

So whats the deal here with the DBZ dvds? Have they all been released? I stopped watching the show years ago but wouldn't mind purchasing them so I could finishing watching.

Also, I read this at Wiki:"Originally to be released in September 2006, a brand new DVD release of the TV series would be for sale, sporting more episodes and at a lower price (the original solicitation claimed 39 episodes at $50, though doubts to its actual accuracy are abundant). It's also said that this release will contain remastered Japanese footage, but this is unconfirmed. FUNimation has delayed this release until early 2007."

Wouldn't mind importing the Japanese dvds but I dont think they have English subs as an option.
    "Remember, not knowing how to cook is like not knowing how to fuck."
    Geek in the Desert

2. I wish Funi would've did what Pioneer did: splice episodes together we don't watch people powering up for weeks at a time.

Otherwise, I'd like to see the movies, but I have no desire to watch the DBZ TV show ever again. Once through on Cartoon Network missing an episode here-and-there is enough for me.

3. All the DVDs have been released and Funimation is working on doing it all over again with the "uncut" versions. I honestly have never seen a cost effective way to get the whole series. I don't know why they couldn't do the same thing they did with Dragon Ball and just release 15-25 episode box sets at a reasonable price.

There are good little arcs here and there (the Great Saiyaman Saga being the best) that I could watch again. But I don't think I could ever sit through anything before Frieza died ever again.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

4. Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee View Post
    but I have no desire to watch the DBZ TV show ever again.
    Me too, I'd rather watch Saint Seiya

5. 14 episodes of Yu Yu for twenty bucks is a smarter choice all around.

6. truth
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

7. Do they still sell the dub with their own shitty music instead of the original score? If so, lol.

8. Quote Originally Posted by mcarocks2003 View Post
    Me too, I'd rather watch Saint Seiya
    Blarg.

If I want a long-running show, I'll download subs of HnK/FotNS

Get the 26 Shonen Jump volumes of the manga (from DB through to DBZ) at $7.95 a pop. No shit filler, no shit acting, and you get the whole story.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

10. 26? How thick are those volumes? The Japanese set is 42 volumes, spanning Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z.

Actually, now that I think about it I think you only counted Z, since the first 16.5 books are Dragon Ball, while the last 25.5 are Z.
    All is well.