Page 29 of 643 FirstFirst ... 152527282930313343 ... LastLast

Thread: Official World of Warcraft Thread

1. Quote Originally Posted by epmode
    so am i. i'll try to level as fast as possible..

unrelated: has blizzard implemented the honor system yet? as in, if you kill low level (relatively speaking) PCs in PvP, your honor decreases. i've read that it's not active yet, and that there's a whole lot of high versus low combat in contested zones. which would suck.
    It's in the manual. But not in the game, go fig

Quote Originally Posted by epmode
    so am i. i'll try to level as fast as possible..

unrelated: has blizzard implemented the honor system yet? as in, if you kill low level (relatively speaking) PCs in PvP, your honor decreases. i've read that it's not active yet, and that there's a whole lot of high versus low combat in contested zones. which would suck.
    We're in a group (not to say that a higher-levelled group of Horde can't decimate us, but our odds are better) and we can always use the 3rd channel to tell everybody in the area about a Horde attack.

I think active Alliance players coming to your rescue is far cooler than an honor system, but yeah, I have no doubt it'll be in place soon enough.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

3. When you use that third channel, people come out of every nook and cranny to help, at least in PvE. I was in Kharanos once, and a group or 6 or 7 level 30+ Tauren were attacking, and I looked up the hill to Ironforge and there were like 15 people running down at once, it was awesome.

4. Quote Originally Posted by The Dave
    When you use that third channel, people come out of every nook and cranny to help, at least in PvE. I was in Kharanos once, and a group or 6 or 7 level 30+ Tauren were attacking, and I looked up the hill to Ironforge and there were like 15 people running down at once, it was awesome.
    Yea, I purposely taunt players way higher than me into fighting, only when they kill me, I use the third channel to alert everyone and watch them get owned.

Which usually results in more Alliance coming, more Horde coming, and it's one big giant war.
    R.I.P Kao Megura (1979-2004)

5. Dreamcast

Quote Originally Posted by The Dave
    When you use that third channel, people come out of every nook and cranny to help, at least in PvE. I was in Kharanos once, and a group or 6 or 7 level 30+ Tauren were attacking, and I looked up the hill to Ironforge and there were like 15 people running down at once, it was awesome.
    That. Rules.
    2009 TNL Fantasy Football Champion

That was fucking EPIC.

I'll write out what happened tomorrow.
    My Backloggery

7. BEST TRIP EVER.

in related news, i need a program to convert TGAs to JPEGs. what's a good free one?

8. Quote Originally Posted by The Dave

You officially can never, ever, make fun of me for any type of game I play ever again.

You are such a MMORPG dork now its not even remotely funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by William Oldham
    Sing a song of Madeleine-Mary
    A tune that all can carry
    Burly says if we don't sing
    Then we won't have anything...

OK, here goes:

So me, epmode, and Dave are hanging out at Westfall. I want to do the oats quest, which is supposedly a huge pain in the ass, and they're encouraging me to drop it. We end up trying to find some oat anyway (unsuccesfully) when Soundwave messages us. He bought the game today, and he's a level 4 night elf. Now, for those not in the know, night elves start off in a relatively small island off the northwest tip of the Western continent. Humans start off at around the middle of the Eastern continent. Anyway, somebody (probably that asshole Ed) gets the idea in them that we should go and see Soundwave. None of us have travelled too far off from the safety of the major cities before, so we decide to go. We head east towards Elwynn Forest and Stormwind, the human capital. Along the way, Sl1p signs in... he's in Goldshire, so we pick him up on the way and add him to what will later be known as the Fellowship. Our journey to bring a dirty, savage night elf to the world of man had just begun.

We reach Stormwind, and take the dwarven underground rail to the dwarven capital of Ironforge. From there, we drop down the side of a mountain (I know a shortcut -Ed) and head north across the frozen tundra to the slightly more tropical Loch Modan. Loch Modan is still dwarven territory, and acts as a gateway to other locations. For the purposes of our journey (mapped out previously by Dave and I while we were bored at our respective jobs), we head to the tunnel that leads to the swampy Wetlands. This is contested territory in a PvP server, and our levels range from 16 to 7. We are the very definition of level bullshit, and we're about to try and cross miles of unfriendly territory. Some of us cry as we approach the other side tunnel; we had no idea what to expect.

We come out of the tunnel to a small, rocky area. We're not there yet, this is an in-between. There's another tunnel leading to the Wetlands proper, but we take a few seconds to look around. There are level 21 npc trolls wandering around, which could easily take our entire party and wipe their asses with it. They're far enough away that they're not a problem, so we turn to leave. This is where everything goes to shit. An Undead Rogue suddenly appears among us; he had been stealthing around, undetectable, checking us to make sure none of us were a threat before he made his cowardly move. Dave sicced his summoned Voidwalker on him and ran like a bitch. epmode died before I could get my bearings. I tried setting up a defensive spell as I ran, but fumbled and instead dragged it and removed it from my quick bar. 2 hits later I was dead. Sl1p soon followed, but Dave had made it to the other side and, more importantly, help.

EDIT: this is getting huge, so: TO BE CONTINUED!
    Last edited by Mzo; 13 Dec 2004 at 11:14 AM.
    My Backloggery

I'm a level 14 Night Elf. I could help bring Soundwave the other direction if this is a long-term goal. I'll be on tonight.