Page 7 of 643 FirstFirst ... 3567891121 ... LastLast

Thread: Official World of Warcraft Thread

1. Oh I have it - I just don't talk about it Been playing in closed beta for about 7 months.

Immensely pleased it's finally out. Playing it with a truckload of rl friends. We're all approaching 20 now, off to hit the first instance, and then its all dungeons, all the time, for the next, oh, 40 levels

Voicecom + friends = teh win. I loved this game when I was playing it with random tards in the beta, it is (unsurprisingly) even more fun with friends.
    Have a Pile of Shame? Destroy it! Join the Warpact

2. Roufuss and I kill Zombies.

Fast.

3. I'm going to create a new character once Kidnemo gets going and I guess joins up with you guys. Im waiting for him because then he'll lure in Mzo (We're both hounding him to buy the game) and then we'll be all set.

If anything, I'll be an Orc I think.
    Play Guitar Hero //

4. The feeling hthat I got from the stress test I played in was that the game is freaking huge. Since I was only in for a week I never bothered with skills lke fishing or crafting. I read about raids (need at least 40 people for a raid) and it sounds nuts. The game world is just classic Blizzard, beautiful, well thought out and covered in detail.

5. It's incredible. It's incredible how one game can shit all over every MMO on the market and pretty much, ever. I've played just about every MMO at one point or another (Except Second Life...which isn't even a game.), my favorites being Ultima Online and SWG. My god...World of Warcraft puts everything to shame. I've never been more impressed with an MMO before.

I'm not sleeping tonight
    Play Guitar Hero //

6. Besides Hero classes, Blizzard has other plans that will soon show up in WoW.

Something long-term we want to add to battlegrounds to make them even more fun are siege vehicles. We'll begin implementing them after WoW ships, but the intention is to give players catapults and other siege vehicles, and then increase the challenge when it comes to razing the opposing side's town. Once siege vehicles are in, the mechanism for conquering the other side will be to destroy their buildings and not just to kill their NPCs
    The website also has a picture of one of these vehicles.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/pvp/pvp-article.html

Here's the rewards for PvP:

Simply participating in PvP will net you certain rewards such as a title and the right to a special PvP team tabard. As you move up in ranks and participate more in PvP, you'll gain discounts with NPC merchants in your faction and be rewarded with equipment such as cloaks, rings, armor, and weapons.

Those PvP players who attain higher ranks and become officers will also get officer's tabards and gain access to special officer's barracks. Inside you'll be able to buy rare items that can only be used after you gather sufficient honor and rank. Very high level officers might even gain access to special mounts and items of epic quality.

The highest-ranking PvP players for each race will earn particularly special accolades, including the title of city protector for their racial capital and the ability to teleport at will to their home city.
    Last edited by Roufuss; 27 Nov 2004 at 01:31 PM.
    R.I.P Kao Megura (1979-2004)

7. Hero classes? Are they like, super powerful guys? I hope Blizzard is very careful about implementing those... because the first thing that comes to mind is Jedi, and we all know what a disaster that was for SWG.

I was talking to my friend back home yesterday and I *may* get this (what can I say, Im a sucker), but no sooner than January. And Id want to know more about high-level and long-term play options.

8. Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    Hero classes? Are they like, super powerful guys? I hope Blizzard is very careful about implementing those... because the first thing that comes to mind is Jedi, and we all know what a disaster that was for SWG.

I was talking to my friend back home yesterday and I *may* get this (what can I say, Im a sucker), but no sooner than January. And Id want to know more about high-level and long-term play options.
    No, because apparently they won't make it impossible to become a Jedi like SWG did, or a huge time sink. All that's known so far is that you hit level 60, and they'll be quests or something (or maybe it's automatic) and you'll get to be a Hero class.

But all they've said is "it will be put in shortly after launch", officially. There's just alot of speculation.

For high level and long term play, they are going to do alot with PvP (there's even PvP servers), more raid options, all the crafting and that type of stuff. You don't even get your best mount you can get until you are level 60.

But I'm only level 15, so I'm not too sure. It seems actually be more tailored to higher level play, since the first 10 or so levels go by extremely quick.

Took my first ride on the Bat, and that kicked ass. No loading or anything, and you get to actually fly on it's back from, in my case, Silverpine Forest right into the Undercity, and watch the real people underneath you fighting and walking around.

Also found my first elite, the Son of Arugal, who kicked my ass quickly =/

9. Quote Originally Posted by Roufuss
    Also found my first elite, the Son of Arugal, who kicked my ass quickly =/
    Haha, I lived, kinda.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Lobo
    Haha, I lived, kinda.
    You fag, you ran and left your pet behind while I stayed and fought.

So while I'm writing "OMG ITS KICKING MY ASS", Lobo has already ran halfway back to town.

Wish I knew how to take screens =/