Page 14 of 211 FirstFirst ... 1012131415161828 ... LastLast

Thread: Halo 2

Quote Originally Posted by Green
    you'll eventually go to the Covenent's home world, but it wasn't mentioned in the article. Another Halo is involved. Low gravity enviroments confirmed (this sounds really cool to me, has it been done in a FPS before)
    UM... GO TO THE ALIENS' HOMEWORLD WITH LOW GRAVITY?? HAS IT BEEN DONE BEFORE?

Half Life.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

2. I pre-ordered this yesterday, based on the salesgal telling me that the store [Gamestop] was already close to filling it's 500 unit maximum. After that, according to her, you might not be able to get a copy until after the holidays. She also said that they're still showing a release in September, generally coinciding with release of the strategy guide.

Didn't know how much credence to give any of that, but I threw down my $5. I don't like waiting for games I want to play.
    "Fiends! Animals! Bastards!"

3. shit.

*goes off to preorder game*

I'm not taking chances.

4. Going to pre-order mine tommorow for sure. Hate getting games late.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Mzo
    UM... GO TO THE ALIENS' HOMEWORLD WITH LOW GRAVITY?? HAS IT BEEN DONE BEFORE?

Half Life.
    Wasn't all of Halo low gravity? Or do they just mean higher jumps?

6. Quote Originally Posted by Prince Planet
    I pre-ordered this yesterday, based on the salesgal telling me that the store [Gamestop] was already close to filling it's 500 unit maximum. After that, according to her, you might not be able to get a copy until after the holidays. She also said that they're still showing a release in September, generally coinciding with release of the strategy guide.

Didn't know how much credence to give any of that, but I threw down my $5. I don't like waiting for games I want to play.
    Isn't that the same thing they said about Vice City? There's no way Halo 2 will outsell Vice City, yet I was able to walk into Best Buy the day of its release without a preorder and choose from the approximately one thousand copies of the game they had available. It sold truckloads, but there was never any "holiday shortage" that I can recall. I'm sure Halo 2 will be the same way.

Like a Gamestop store would ever stop taking preorders on any game...let alone one without a concrete release date. She played you like a fiddle for that preorder.

7. Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus
    Wasn't all of Halo low gravity? Or do they just mean higher jumps?
    The exact quote from the mag about the low-gravity thing is this:
    "Bungie has stated that there will be low-gravity enviroments, so space travel seems even more likely."
    This was in a list of things mentioned by Bungie, the sentence was in a paragraph about how the setting is mostly earth but since another Halo is involved in the game you'll probably travel in space at one point. I'm thinking you could be in a ship at the start of the game. Remember the first preview video that had MC jumping from his ship onto a covenent craft? Maybe that's the first level.
    pwned by Ivan

8. Quote Originally Posted by Green
    The exact quote from the mag about the low-gravity thing is this:
    "Bungie has stated that there will be low-gravity enviroments, so space travel seems even more likely."
    This was in a list of things mentioned by Bungie, the sentence was in a paragraph about how the setting is mostly earth but since another Halo is involved in the game you'll probably travel in space at one point. I'm thinking you could be in a ship at the start of the game. Remember the first preview video that had MC jumping from his ship onto a covenent craft? Maybe that's the first level.
    But a level in space would be no-gravity, right? EGM had an article a while back that described a level on a moon (Earth's?), which would be low-gravity - MC was described as using his rifle's kick to slow a free-fall descent.

Satoshi Kon: 1963-2010

9. Quote Originally Posted by Mamoscott
    Isn't that the same thing they said about Vice City? There's no way Halo 2 will outsell Vice City, yet I was able to walk into Best Buy the day of its release without a preorder and choose from the approximately one thousand copies of the game they had available. It sold truckloads, but there was never any "holiday shortage" that I can recall. I'm sure Halo 2 will be the same way.

Like a Gamestop store would ever stop taking preorders on any game...let alone one without a concrete release date. She played you like a fiddle for that preorder.
    I'll be the first to go out on a limb and say yes, Halo 2 will outsell Vice City, or at least in terms of day one sales. Xbox doesn't have the installed user base to compete with the PS2's biggest title, but I would bet good money day one Halo 2 sets all the records for a pre-sale title.

Whether there will be extra copies or not, I don't care. My local Gamestop said they had six-hundred pre-orders... I worked at an EB for almost three years and nothing, not even Vice City, came close to those kind of numbers.

10. Microsoft also on Monday gave a November 9 launch date for the sequel to its popular Halo video game. The original game has sold 4.5m copies, putting it among the biggest-selling video games ever, and played an important part in Microsoft's efforts to break into the games business with Xbox.
    http://news.ft.com/servlet/ContentSe...=1083180402439