Page 15 of 211 FirstFirst ... 1113141516171929 ... LastLast

Thread: Halo 2

Cool, it comes out on my birthday.

IGN has some hands on impressions. http://xbox.ign.com/articles/513/513152p1.html

2. destructible environments rock. the game sounds incredible.

3. Half of a level in Jedi Knight 2 was in no gravity. It's was actually kind of annoying though. I still have faith that this game will rock, and do nothing but rock.

4. No gravity can add a challenge to the game though... as long as they don't overdo it. I also hope that the Flood don't make another appearance. Man, I hated those things (not a good hate... a design hate). That request is completely selfish.

Halo 2 is going to be great. I'm curious to see how the destructible environments will work. But with Bungie at the helm I'm praying that it will work 10x better than Red Faction (which basically just cratered the wall when you missed with a rocket).
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

5. i just hope to god there arent levels that look the same the whole way through like almost 60% of the first game was/is. as good as it was i always had a "seen this many times before" feelings and got lost a couple times the very first time i played it because of this.

but THIS sounds cool
    "At one point, one of the Bungie gang was fleeing on a Warthog with the flag. I lit him up with the Rocket Launcher and blew him sky high. Parts went everywhere. I switch to my SMG and shoot at the tire, rolling it down a hill. Bad ass? What do you think?"

6. Note to self: consider everything else worthless on November 9th, 2004.

Did you read about that plasma sword!??! Did you see those pictures of it?!?! So wait, I don't get it, Halo 2? I'm so excited I'm confused.

Ummmmmmm..................more droolicious Halo 2 stuff? Yeppp!

Multiplayer Demo

Go down to movies, and download the multiplayer demo from the Microsoft press conference. It is seperated into 4 parts. Everything from the plasma sword, to the vehicle damage is covered. Make sure to check out part 4 though, the level looks amazing! IGN was dead on in their description of it, it looks to blow away anything that Halo had.
    Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX
    I am pretty sure one of the reasons Jesus died is so we could enjoy delicious chicken and waffle fries seven days a week.
    Eat a bag of dicks.

7. Awesome shit.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

8. Quote Originally Posted by sunshine
    No gravity can add a challenge to the game though... as long as they don't overdo it. I also hope that the Flood don't make another appearance. Man, I hated those things (not a good hate... a design hate). That request is completely selfish.
    Then prepare to be disappointed. Bungie stated quite clearly almost a year ago the flood WILL be returning as the covenant have a long history with them.

9. ... I hope there are more uses for the plasma sword that like stabbing through someone and using them as a shield of a little while or something.