Page 16 of 211 FirstFirst ... 21214151617182030 ... LastLast

Thread: Halo 2

1. hi-res, direct feed, 335 megabytes: http://www.fileplanet.com/files/140000/140538.shtml

2. When he does the lunge with the plasma sword watch how the elite hits the bump on the ground and bounces up into the air. Is that ragdoll? I havent considered the fact that Halo might actually mix some cool looking deaths in there for multiplayer. It also looks like the guy goes flying out of the Warthog when it blows up, maybe they decided to give the appearance that the characters have some weight to them this time. Awesome.

3. I just got an email regarding my preorder from EB, they let you have the option to upgrade any previous Halo2 preorders simply by replying to the email. Its really conveinient.

4. i read a few interesting things about the game earlier today. i can't remember the source, so i don't have a link.

if the host of a multiplayer game drops, the game won't close. instead, one of the other players automatically becomes the host.

multiplayer games are 16 player max, but it's not limited to 8 on 8. you could also break it up into 4 groups of 4. i'm not sure if other permutations are supported, but i would assume so.

elites and spartans can be on the same side. they don't appear to have any distinct differences, though, aside from initial weaponry.

5. That host-drop solution sounds nice. I hope they do something about player dropping as well. droppers = scum of the (virtual) earth

6. Holy crap, they're limits to how many copies a store can order? I know how stupid that just sounded but I thought the limit would be much larger. Then again, I have no idea how big EB backstores are so I'll just put 30$ down for the game tomorrow.

The best part of the conference showing of Halo 2 was

Quote Originally Posted by Halo 2 Rep
    Luckily, I have the ultimate anti son of a bitch stick right here!!!
    Rofl, and the fact you get to pick up energy sabres now is sick.

7. =O

Teh Neeeedler! It's coooool.
    o_O

8. My local Gamestop hit their 1,000 pre-order mark about 2 weeks ago. Needless to say, they're freaking out and are excited. I almost want to pre-order there just to be part of the madness, but only if they're planning a midnight release. If not, I'll just order the Special Edition online from Gamestop.

Since the MS conference, of the games I'm allowed to think about (Half-Life 2 and True Fantasy being the games I'm not allowed to think about..or I'll go crazy) this is #1 on the anticipated list.
    Play Guitar Hero //

9. That Halo 2 video was awesome. Destructable and interactive (bridges, gates, etc.) environments, better weapons, destructable vehicles, maps that look to be much much much better, etc.. I can't wait for this game.

10. I'm hoping the include the options of AI bots for offline multiplayer to keep your skills up. That's one thing that's disappointed me more than anything else with all the console FPS games since Perfect Dark: hardly any other games have included sims.

I'd love to see some smaller maps dedicated to 2 on 2 on 2 type situations. I hope Bungie let some of the press people grab some direct feed of the 16 man multiplayer. Almost 6 friggin' months to go. Out of everything at the show, this was still my favorite thing. I'll be checking out http://halo.bungie.org like crazy this weekend.
    Gah! 6 more months! I need to go schedule a vacation day for Nov. 9th...
    Never under any circumstance scrutinize the mastication orifice of a gratuitous herbivorous quadruped.