Page 209 of 211 FirstFirst ... 195205207208209210211 LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,090 of 2107

Thread: Halo 2

1. Quote Originally Posted by Mamoscott
    So when do you guys think Halo 2 is actually going to be released? I'm guessing a month or two before Christmas 2004.

This is from June 2003 (when it was still believed the game would launch in the 2003 holiday season) and he was dead right.

I have to say, I'm kind of impressed.

2. Halo 2 has been announced for the PC. The catch? It's for Vista only. XP (and 2000) users will have to upgrade if they want to play it.
    R.I.P. Paragon Studios

3. I was going to question what the point even was, but theres rumors of a map editor...but I still don't see why anyone would bother with this.

I'll snatch Vista regardless.

"All creatures will DIE, and all things will be BROKEN: That is the law of the SAMURAI."

Quote Originally Posted by Bungie's FAQ
    Q: Is the release of Halo 2 for Windows Vista just a way to force consumers to purchase the new operating system?
    A: Absolutely not. Bungie Studios and Microsoft's steadfast commitment to quality determined that the Windows Vista platform would provide the best possible version of Halo 2 for the Windows PC. We will provide you with more details in the future.

5. lol, my xbox halo 2 works fine.

6. BAH..but the time that game comes out pc gamers will be playing Unreal Tournament 2007, Quake Wars, whatever new Battlefield it out...etc. Halo 1 was barely a blip in the radar of pc gamers, why should Halo 2 be any different? Unless it uses some fancy DX10 based engine (Halo 3 engine?) then I don't see the point in releasing that game and not go straight to Halo 3.

7. Confirmed.

8. LOL @ Halo 2
    PSN = knarlockk
    Steam= kevinb150

Quote Originally Posted by raystorm
    BAH..but the time that game comes out pc gamers will be playing Unreal Tournament 2007, Quake Wars, whatever new Battlefield it out...etc.
    That's the other part of MS' master plan. None of those will run on Vista.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi
    That's the other part of MS' master plan. None of those will run on Vista.

oh yea...MS wants a DX10 standard on ALL pc games and they will put a "Games for Windows" sticker or brand logo on all boxes. They want the 360 controller to be the standard pc controller as well.

Don't forget that all pre-DX10 games will work in Vista via emulation..who knows if there will be compatibility issues and slowdown due to the old DirectX emulation. MS wants pc gaming to turn into "360 gaming on the pc".

yep..all part of MS' master plan all right.
    Last edited by raystorm; 09 Feb 2006 at 11:55 PM.