Page 210 of 211 FirstFirst ... 196206208209210211 LastLast
Results 2,091 to 2,100 of 2107

Thread: Halo 2

1. The controller thing I don't mind.
    The rest can fuck off.

2. Quote Originally Posted by raystorm
    BAH..but the time that game comes out pc gamers will be playing Unreal Tournament 2007, Quake Wars, whatever new Battlefield it out...etc. Halo 1 was barely a blip in the radar of pc gamers, why should Halo 2 be any different? Unless it uses some fancy DX10 based engine (Halo 3 engine?) then I don't see the point in releasing that game and not go straight to Halo 3.
    Actually Halo 1 sold pretty well for the PC... and Im sorry but Halo 2 is so much better than UT2004 could ever hope to be (and UT2007 looks like ass... same with Quake Wars). The game is damned good FPS action, period, and PC gamers who bury their head in the sand because it runs on Xbox are ignorant asswipes.

Putting this on Vista just locks out 90% of its audience though... stupid.

3. Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    Actually Halo 1 sold pretty well for the PC... and Im sorry but Halo 2 is so much better than UT2004 could ever hope to be (and UT2007 looks like ass... same with Quake Wars). The game is damned good FPS action, period, and PC gamers who bury their head in the sand because it runs on Xbox are ignorant asswipes.

Yea..I know Halo actually did well sales wise, but most pc gamers these days seem to care about online play only and Halo never reached the heights of UT 2004, Quake 3..etc in terms of popularity. Maybe it was because of its console roots. Personally I don't give a shit about UT, Quake Wars as I don't play online games..its not for me, but I know they will sell like hotcakes and will be played online for years and in tournaments and such.

The Halo series is fine though I think its inconsistant with its level design. I loved the outdoor portions of the game with the vehicles and they are great fun but I hated the hideous indoor sections (repetitive, copy and paste portions..etc).

Unless it uses some insane DX10 and Shader Model 4 effects putting the game on Vista only is moronic but who knows...maybe it'll use the engine that will power Halo 3 or something.
    Last edited by raystorm; 10 Feb 2006 at 12:44 AM.

4. What the hell is Windows Vista? Obviously its going to replace XP, but what changes is it supposed to offer and when the hell is it coming out?

5. Quote Originally Posted by ElCapitan
    What the hell is Windows Vista? Obviously its going to replace XP, but what changes is it supposed to offer and when the hell is it coming out?
    google loves you. please love it back.

Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx

quake wars looks like ass?
    right..........

6. I just have to wonder what kind of audience is left for such a release.

I mean, obviously most PC gamers won't have Vista; but on top of that Halo 2 has sold so many copies on Xbox that I have to wonder how many of those people with Vista are even going to think about buying a second version of the game.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Something Awful
    Halo 2 Only Playable On Windows Vista, Users Of BobOS Cry Foul

Displaying a stunning grasp of what it takes to maximize game sales, Microsoft has announced that the pc port of Halo 2 will only be playable on computers running the Windows Vista operating system. While most everyone assumes this is an attempt to make Vista the new standard, Microsoft cited entirely different reasons for the move, claiming that Windows Vista is the only operating system powerful enough to realize the game's full potential. Without Windows Vista, there is simply no way your computer could run such complicated code as:

if(WindowsVista = "true"){
    run game
    }else{
    install security hole
    }

I'm going to get so much hate mail from people that actually know how to code.
    Bullshit. I'm never going Vista. I'm using OSX and XP Pro from here on out.

8. Fuck Vista.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 11 Feb 2006 at 03:13 PM.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

9. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    Fuck Vista.
    Quoted for truth. If Vista is going to contain DRM parasiteware, then it's yes to XP64/Linspire/Lin4Win and a big NO to Vista on my next PC. As for Halo 2, I think I'll just stick the Xbox version in the 360.

How hard is it to port an ORIGINAL Xbox game to XP anyhow? Look at Sega/Sumo who are porting Out Run 2 SP to the PC. If your processor and graphics card are up to date there should be no problem. Vista should not be necessary.

10. The Prophet of Regret on Legendary is a pain in the arse.