Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Foxfire 1.0 Final Released

Foxfire 1.0 Final Released

Just letting you know the full Foxfire 1.0 is now out. Servers are getting hammered though so it's tough to get right now. You'll likely have to update your extentions too, but from the impressions I've heard, so far so good.

http://www.mozilla.org
    Last edited by Brotherman; 09 Nov 2004 at 05:02 PM.
    Taking it one day at a time.

LOL Guest

As for the memory link situation. FreeRAM XP should help with that. It's a free memory optimizer that works great. You can get it at http://downloads-zdnet.com.com/FreeR...ml?tag=lst-0-1.
    Taking it one day at a time.

4. Just downloaded this because DeepDiscountDVD.com was down, and so I wanted to see if it would work with Firefox, it didn't, but I like how Firefox looks and some of the options it offers. I might stick with Firefox and see how it is. So far, I'm really liking it better compared to Internet Explorer.
    Last edited by The Chronicle; 16 Nov 2004 at 01:54 AM.

5. After i finally got bit by trojans i've made the switch from IE to Firefox. It's been about a week now and I just wanted to go through a few issues, most of which are inconsequential, but if anyone knows how to make it better i'd like to try it. I'm still unfamiliar with what can be done with extensions and such. The Options menu is very basic.

Autoscroll - This is where most of my usability issues come from. I autoscroll all the time on web pages instead of using the bars or arrow keys, and in Firefox it's just not that good. First of all if i click the wheel to start autoscrolling on a link or an image with a hyperlink i open a new tab. I've ended up having about 10 new tabs open for various TNL users profiles and such because of this and it's annoying as hell to have to keep track of where the mouse is when i start/stop autoscroll. I just want to change the button that opens tabs but i can't find where to do this. Also, the scrolling itself if very jerky, and its harder to read while scrolling slowly than in IE (maybe that's what it's using all those system resources for). Lastly the scrolling ramps up too quickly from the autoscroll start point. If i could fix this stuff I wouldn't be missing IE so much.

-Firefox stalls more often than IE, although nowhere near as bad as older versions of Netscape used to. I have had to restart DLs a few times because they just stopped moving, never had to in IE.

there's more that i can't think of now that i'm writing. I wouldn't mind seeing a general overview of the must DL extentions and things to set for us new Firefox users.

LOL Guest
    Adblock will permanently delete any image/ad/flash you don't want to see. I do it to all of Jeremy's avatars so he won't end up ruining something for me.

That's really all you need. You will never take Firefox for granted again after using that extension.

7. If there a way to stop Firefox from opening up a blank webpage everytime I click on a pdf? It's pretty annoying.
    Well that's like, your opinion, man.

8. Get the "Disable Targets for Downloads" extension.

9. Quote Originally Posted by stormy
    After i finally got bit by trojans i've made the switch from IE to Firefox.
    Exact same reason as me, IE is not very well protected at all.