Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Escaflowne: The Perfect Collection

1. Personally I prefer the series... and my sexy Perfect Vision box that came with an Escaflowne figure is waaaayy cooler then this box.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

2. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb
    Personally I prefer the series... and my sexy Perfect Vision box that came with an Escaflowne figure is waaaayy cooler then this box.
    Yeah, but did you pay $53 for it? Eh? Ehhhh??? Didn't think so.

I think it's generally agreed that the movie does not stack up to the greatness of the series. Again, that said, $53 to $60 for 26 episodes is a great deal! Anyone who hasn't seen it or doesn't own it, take the plunge. You people with the Perfect Vision set and collectible figurine, ummmm... stfu.

3. I keep seeing the "series soundtrack" being referred to in the singular... lemme throw out for the sake of clarity that there's actually 3 volumes of OST cds (& a 4th CD, 'For Lovers', which is remixes and inspired by type stuff). The 2nd one is my personal favorite. 'Machine Soldier' kicks.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Bacon McShig
    I keep seeing the "series soundtrack" being referred to in the singular... lemme throw out for the sake of clarity that there's actually 3 volumes of OST cds (& a 4th CD, 'For Lovers', which is remixes and inspired by type stuff). The 2nd one is my personal favorite. 'Machine Soldier' kicks.
    Yes, there are, but the first one, Escaflowne Over The Sky, contains most of the main themes from the series and is my favorite. Flying Dragon, Dance of Curse, Escaflowne... amazing stuff.

5. Damn the movie SUCKS. I can't stomach it. The series is one of my all time faves--back in the day I spent --too much-- money on the R2 LD's (all 13 of 'em)...still have them too (they smell good).

But I HATE the movie....

6. i liked the movie.

7. Tried to pick it up here, as was recommended: You can get it for $53 here:

http://store.superduperclub.net/ban-d21008d.html

And got this:

Dear SuperDuperClub.com Customer,

Thank you for placing your order with us. We wanted to let you know that
    the item you ordered is out of stock. Since we will not be able to ship
    your order, it has been cancelled. Your credit card will NOT be
    charged. We are sorry for the inconvenience and look forward to be of
    service in the future.

Thanks again,

Then, I went to Best Buy today and they didn't have it, either. Fuck it all.

8. Suncoast had it for $100, that's recockulous

9. Quote Originally Posted by haohmaru
    Tried to pick it up here, as was recommended: You can get it for $53 here:

http://store.superduperclub.net/ban-d21008d.html

And got this:

Dear SuperDuperClub.com Customer,

Thank you for placing your order with us. We wanted to let you know that
    the item you ordered is out of stock. Since we will not be able to ship
    your order, it has been cancelled. Your credit card will NOT be
    charged. We are sorry for the inconvenience and look forward to be of
    service in the future.

Thanks again,

Then, I went to Best Buy today and they didn't have it, either. Fuck it all.
    I'd try deepdiscountdvd.com. It's $60 and I'm fairly certain they have it in stock.

10. What is this: http://www.animovies.com/view_produc...productno=1603

Japanese version dubbed? Is it any different?