Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Escaflowne: The Perfect Collection

1. Quote Originally Posted by haohmaru
    What is this: http://www.animovies.com/view_produc...productno=1603

Japanese version dubbed? Is it any different?
    That's a bootleg. Never trust region free DVDs, especially by known bootlegging companies like FX.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Atariguy
    That's a bootleg. Never trust region free DVDs, especially by known bootlegging companies like FX.
    Yeah, what he said. But hey, whatever floats your boat. The thing I worry most about with boots (other than the quality of the burn itself) are the subtitles. Tho I'm guessing from these that they are boots of the region 1 discs since the spoken languages are English and Japanese and the only subs are English. Everything is on 3 discs? Hmmmm... Just spend the $60 and go to deepdiscountdvd.com. Arg.

3. I wouldn't buy a boot - I thought maybe it was the original Japanese release that might've gotten deeply discounted because a U.S. release came along.

4. Quote Originally Posted by haohmaru
    I wouldn't buy a boot - I thought maybe it was the original Japanese release that might've gotten deeply discounted because a U.S. release came along.
    There's one in stock here for a bit under $60:

http://www.bestprices.com/cgi-bin/vl...ource=dealtime

Overstock.com say they have it in stock for $59:

http://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2....cid=44362&fp=F
    Last edited by Scourge; 12 Nov 2004 at 04:34 PM.

5. Got it from Best buy for $60 with my best buy bucks.

Holla

6. Ordered @ Overstock, crossing fingers.

7. I'm on disc #6 and I have to say that at first I wasn't all that impressed but it's gotten stronger and stronger with each disc. Music is excellent too. Thanks for the heads up.

8. Just finished this while battling the flu. I thought it was weak at first too, but you're right, it really grows on you.

9. And the movie sucks...

10. Glad you guys enjoy it. I just rewatched it all. Such great memories! Some moments almost make me tear up. It does start off a bit odd, but by the end, the world and characters are so fully realized and you've gotten to see some really cool battles and such that the whole thing just screams quality. And that music! So good.

For you Yoko Kanno fans, on the last disc of the series there's a video of a live concert performance of one of the songs from the series. I can't remember the girl's name who is singing, but that's Yoko Kanno playing the piano. Very cool.

Quote Originally Posted by haohmaru
    And the movie sucks...
    Just curious. Do you think you would think it sucks so bad if you watched it without watching any of the series? I think that because I liked the series so much with the characters and settings and everthing else that the movie took all that and disregarded so much of it which really left a bad taste in my mouth. If I never saw the series I probably would think the movie is pretty good. The fact that it ruins so much of what was created in the series makes it pretty awful tho, imo.

There's a part in the series where Van tells Hitomi that it's not like her to be depressed. Then when you start the movie she's suicidal. Kinda funny in a not so funny way...