Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Escaflowne: The Perfect Collection

1. I could never get into the show...I saw about 12 episodes and just hated....HATED Hitomi. She's got all this shit happening around her, and all she can think about it who she's in love with at the time.

Also, her only useful ability doesn't really add anything to the show, in fact, she just annoys me with it as well.

2. I meant bootlegs in general. Thanks for providing a fair picture of the pros and cons of bootlegs.

Subs aren't a problem because I watch dubs.
    I thought you were gay.... i guess not.

3. The Anime Legends: Escaflowne Complete Collection was released last week and is selling for $33 at Best Buy. This is the entire 26 episodes and doesn't come with the god awful movie I don't think.

4. Looking back, I don't mind that I paid $60 for it in November. It had a spiffy box, and came with the movie.

5. Nah, $60 was a really good price I thought. But for anyone who still hasn't taken the plunge, this Anime Legends boxset is extremely cheap and they should jump on it.

6. Only $33? Oh snaps, I might have to spend some money.

7. So I've started watching this based on some recent recommendations and it's boring the fuck out of me. I'm like five or six episodes in and can't bring myself to care about any of the characters or the story, and every time they show another piece of technology it just widens the gulf of how little sense ANYTHING in the series makes so far. Does this ever get good or is it just 20 more episodes of bland people pretending that they aren't primarily complete morons?

8. Watch the movie instead, it's shorter, starts out with a cool scene and doesn't get nearly as boring.

9. I remember liking it way back when, but that was when I actually liked anime. Not sure how it would hold up now.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

I really, really, really tried to like this one back in the back when. I just don't.

There must be something to it, because a lot of people LOVE it... It is not for me.