Page 1 of 6 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Escaflowne: The Perfect Collection

Escaflowne: The Perfect Collection

I don't care much for the movie, but still at $60 on deep discount dvd, this is a great collection. Such a great series! If you haven't checked it out, do so now for a very reasonable price! Escaflowne the series is one of the best of all time.

And while you're at it, buy the first series soundtrack too. It's Yoko Kanno performed by the Warsaw Philharmonic. Absolutely fantastic. Go. Do it. Now.

I'm just warning you up front. If you buy the series, you're going to love the music, so just go ahead and get this cd too.

2. i heard the case for this set is uglier than Tara Reid's butchered tits. but for the price, i can it can be overlooked. i'm personally completely happy with the original set that came out a while back. the figure that came with it is whatever, but everything else is awesome. and this new set comes with the movie too, so that's also cool. just not as cool as the limited movie edition.

3. So is this the real thing? Or is it bootleg? And is the movie that bad?

Quote Originally Posted by Ashen Victor
    i heard the case for this set is uglier than Tara Reid's butchered tits. but for the price, i can it can be overlooked. i'm personally completely happy with the original set that came out a while back. the figure that came with it is whatever, but everything else is awesome. and this new set comes with the movie too, so that's also cool. just not as cool as the limited movie edition.
    Yeah, I have the individual dvds for the series and the ltd edition movie (even if I'm not too fond of the movie itself). The case for this release is fairly ugly I guess. It's blue all around and about 2 1/2 inches thick. Not terribly attractive, but really not that intrusive either. I'm just bringing this up for the people who haven't seen the series or who don't own it. This set is going away at the end of 2004, so hurry and get it people!

You can get it for $53 here:

http://store.superduperclub.net/ban-d21008d.html

Quote Originally Posted by BEBOPlover
    So is this the real thing? Or is it bootleg? And is the movie that bad?
    It is VERY much the real thing and NOT a bootleg! Even Best Buy had it for fairly cheap. The movie is actually a quality movie, but changes so much from the series that I couldn't appreciate it all that much because the story and characters from the series are just SO damn well done.

5. Yeah, I saw this in Best Buy. I think I might have to pick this up, as it's a fucking sweet deal.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

Everything I've seen about this says it has 9 discs but I can't figure out why. The series was put out on 6 discs. Even if they give 2 discs to the movie and extras, there's still another disc. ? I'm wondering if this includes the soundtrack to the movie like the limited edition movie set did.

7. Everything I've seen about this says it has 9 discs but I can't figure out why. The series was put out on 6 discs.
    Nope, it was 8. Plus the movie equals 9.

Would have rocked for them to put in OSTs, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon McShig
    Nope, it was 8. Plus the movie equals 9.

Would have rocked for them to put in OSTs, though.
    Ah, you are correct. The series is on 8 discs.

9. the soundtrack is better than the movie. by far.

10. Quote Originally Posted by epmode
    the soundtrack is better than the movie. by far.
    IAWTP.

And the series soundtrack is better than the movie soundtrack, so you do the math.

And for those of you who buy this set:

DO NOT WATCH THE MOVIE FIRST!!!! YOU WILL RUIN REVELATIONS MADE THROUGHOUT THE SERIES AND COME AWAY WITH THE TOTALLY WRONG IDEA ABOUT THE TWO MAIN CHARACTERS (VAN AND HITOMI) AND THE NATURE OF GUYMELEFS AND ESCAFLOWNE!

You've been warned.