Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2456

Thread: Escaflowne: The Perfect Collection

1. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    Watch the movie instead, it's shorter, starts out with a cool scene and doesn't get nearly as boring.
    I was thinking about that, but lots of people seem to hate the movie so I was debating just cutting my losses entirely.
    Quote Originally Posted by bbobb
    I remember liking it way back when, but that was when I actually liked anime. Not sure how it would hold up now.
    I can definitely see how I might've liked this about 15-20 years ago. Granted, I hated the 90s Japanese version of European fantasy even back then, so there's also an equal chance I would've turned it off after the first episode or two just for style alone.

2. Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus View Post
    I was thinking about that, but lots of people seem to hate the movie so I was debating just cutting my losses entirely.
    The first scene of the movie is worth watching, it's right up there with the first scene of Blood the Last Vampire in terms of instant awesome.

The rest of the movie, eh, turn it off if you want.

3. I can handle that.

4. The music is still quite good though.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

5. I liked it when I saw it back in 98 and still liked it enough in the early 2000s to buy the DVDs when they came out. I haven't watched it in quite some years though (however that's the case with a lot of my DVDs), except for the movie.

Perhaps I'll give it another watch just to see if I feel any different about the series now, rather than just thinking back on it with nostalgia goggles.

Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    The music is still quite good though.
    Yoko Kanno can do no wrong. My friend and I determined that she should be canonized.