Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 10 must own westerns

1. Quote Originally Posted by Andrew
    Shanghai Noon
    IBTN

2. I'm not one for westerns, but I did enjoy The Quick and the Dead quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by raystorm
    Everyone is naming movies.. so I'll name a Western TV series:

The Adventures of Brisco County Jr. A fun series with Bruce Campbell as the main character. I'm sure its out on DVD for cheap somewhere (series lasted 27 episodes).
    I saw that once or twice. It was funny.

I'm watching the Special Edition, TGTBTU. The sound is awesome on this.

4. The good, the bad & the ugly, Fist full of Dollars, A few Dollars More, Once Apon a Time In the West and the Wild Bunch.

5. Has anyone seen Quigly: Down Under ? I enjoyed this one and it's one of the few Tom Sellek movies, I'd consider good.

6. I'd say pretty much every western with Clint is a solid winner (Josey Wales being my favorite). Open Range, Tombstone, Young Guns, and Unforgiven were all great, but I'd have to say that The Quick and the Dead would be my favorite "modern" western. Hackman was great in it, and the whole shot of the sunlight shining through the bullethole was cool. Also worth mentioning:

The Shootist

The Wild Bunch

Once Upon a Time in the West

Lonely Are the Brave (Awesome Kirk Douglas flick)

and...Back to the Future III. Dude, it had a TIME TRAVELING TRAIN!!!

7. Good topic. I'll see about picking up "High Plains Drifter" next time I stop by my local Best Buy then. It sucks cause Kmart had the whole "Man with no name" series for $29.99 which I didn't know about (didn't know it was a trilogy till now), but I had already purchased the TGTBTU special edition for $19.99 elsewhere.
    Last edited by NightWolve; 17 Nov 2004 at 01:07 AM.
    "Don't be a pansy." - James

8. Damn it! I can't believe I forgot The Wild Bunch, that movie fucking owns! If you want a violent western this is it. Nothing better than a good ol' gut shot with a shotgun!
    Barf! Barf! Barf!