Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RE: DS kiosks, something fishy going on at EB...

1. RE: DS kiosks, something fishy going on at EB...

OK, now OBVIOUSLY being in North dakota I have no right to expect DS kiosks in a timely manner (we didn't get GC kiosks at Target till barely a week before) but...the manager at EB who has always seemed to be very upfront with me and an overall well rounded gamer (he has never tried to push any system or game over another on me and I can actually have intelligent discussions about a wide variety of old and new games with him, it also helps that he gives me cool free shwag like T shirts and two years ago he gave me a sweet hanging 3D Metroid Prime ceiling display) told me they should be getting DS kiosks in this week. That was Monday. Now I call today and this young punk who has always seemed like kind of a weasel not only says that they don't have the kiosks yet, but also "I don't think we're getting DS demo kiosks at all." Hmmmmm. Anyone else having trouble in general with their game store DS demo situations? A thread over on GA has at least one peep saying two female employees refused to turn the kiosk on. If that happened to me I'd be making a call to Mr. District Manager.

Oh well, I have it reserved, no worries there at least, I just wanna try the darn thing.
    Last edited by 1CCOSA; 13 Nov 2004 at 11:24 PM.

2. I have five Gamestops and two EB Games within 40 minutes of each other and from what I've seen and what my friends have seen none of those stores have them, and only one Gamestop says they'll definently get one before launch.

3. You've been bugging your EB over a Nintendo DS kiosk?

Wow, just wow.
    R.I.P Kao Megura (1979-2004)

4. No DS demos in Chicago yet? Maybe it's Nintendo dragging their heels.

Quote Originally Posted by Roufuss
    You've been bugging your EB over a Nintendo DS kiosk?

Wow, just wow.
    Er...yeah. I've been asking if they have one. It's what happens when a consumer is curious about a product he knows he can try before he purchases.

5. My local Best buy had theirs out...
    “The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, you know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.” -George Carlin

6. Quote Originally Posted by Kosh_H
    Er...yeah. I've been asking if they have one. It's what happens when a consumer is curious about a product he knows he can try before he purchases.
    But you've already purchased it

I think calling them up and asking about it, and making such a big deal about it, is going a little too far.

Oh no, maybe there's a big conspiracy, to stop you from playing the DS that you've already preordered! Gotta check all the EB's and Target's around!

There's gotta be something better you can do with your time. Can't wait another week to get it?

Quote Originally Posted by Wildkat
    My local Best buy had theirs out...
    OMG CONSPIRACY.
    R.I.P Kao Megura (1979-2004)

7. "But you've already purchased it"

OK, ok I'm just impatient alright? :P

8. Quote Originally Posted by Kosh_H

Oh well, I have it reserved, no worries there at least, I just wanna try the darn thing.
    OMG, this is happening in North Dakota too? I'm glad someone else is noticing this. It really seems like something is up when it comes to big chains and their obvious nintendo hatred this gen (I've expected that Best Buy, Wal-Mart, Target, EB, Gamestop, K-Mart, and the internet have all been on Micro$oft and sOWNy's payroll for years). Just yesterday I saw this female employee at Best Buy sneakily hiding the Gamecube games behind the 60" plasmas. When I called customer support, some surly young rapscallion said, "What are you 11? Buy halo 2, bitch" and hung up the phone.

THE WORLD IS OUT TO GET NINTENDO.

P.S. Fuck conspiracies.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Kosh_H
    Now I call today and this young punk who has always seemed like kind of a weasel not only says that they don't have the kiosks yet, but also "I don't think we're getting DS demo kiosks at all."
    That smarmy bastard!
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

10. as far as stores i've worked at are concerned, we never knew when new Kiosks were coming. They just show up whenever and then eventually a Nintendo rep comes around, so they probably have about as good an idea as you when they'll have one. As for having one and not turning it on, tough luck. It's thier call if they want kids loitering around thier store or not. I used to shut the things off when i noticed groups of teenagers about to enter. Eventually we ran a switch that controlled all the demo units back where the cashier was working, so they could turn off the demos without having to walk over and deal with the customers who were playing. Stupid customers would always make dumb "wtf?" sad faces and leave when the demo's power went out haha.