View Poll Results: Which sketch show rules them all?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kids in the Hall

10 26.32%
  • Mad TV

3 7.89%
  • SNL

7 18.42%
  • Other(write in)

18 47.37%
Page 1 of 7 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Which is the best comedy skit show?

1. Which is the best comedy skit show?

Here's my top choices by rank:

1)Kids in the Hall is tops. It had so many memorable skits that I laughed my ass off in it's sheer absurdity whether it be Scott Thompson's gay stuff or their obsession with cross dressing.

I particularly like the skit where the dude grows a beard and become so obsessed with it that he keeps rubbing it and ignores everything else in his life. He then kills himself from a huge fall out of his office out of the balcony of the building since the beard has sent him on a mad trip.

The guy that "crushes your head" is great too.

2)Mad TV: I think this shat all over SNL after it got even shittier. They usually have a great cast with greats such as Will Sasso, Deborah Wilson, Alex Borstein and Aries Spears.

The funniest skit I have ever seen was the Kenny Rogers does Jackass. I fucking laughed my ass off. Will Sasso and crew just fucking run with it.

I found a site where you can download it here: http://www.shagoto.com/KennyRogers.htm

There was also the great Kim Jong Il(sp) one where JC from NSYNC sings and dances up this song to then have Kim switch it up and edit the song due to his oppressive power saying that it was too sexy and proceeded to pixelate certain areas of JC. It was also funny as hell when JC left and was like "Man I don't even know why I agreed to do this skit, screw this...".

*walks off*

3)SNL: Sucked for a while but I think Jimmy Fallon made the show much better. When he cracked up during the sketches they were much better for it. The sketches were so shitty in the first place so I thought that him doing that made them much funnier along with his co-stars. Will Ferrell can be funny as hell enough to make some sketches work much better as well. The most memorable one was the Celebrity Jeopardy starring "Sean Connery".

"I'll take swords for 100 Alexsh."

"I choose the rapists for 500".

The other past skits that I liked alot was when Jim Carey came on and did those Night at the Roxbury dances with Chris Kattan and Will Ferrell dry humping evey chick in site. He just kicked ass when he was there but he's had experience with that type of show already with in living color.

But outside a few good skits here and there the show fell flat on it's ass which is why I ranked it 3rd.
    Last edited by Will; 13 Nov 2004 at 10:55 PM.

2. Did remnant just hijack Will's account and post an incoherent thread under his name?

*edit* NM... it makes sense now that there's a poll.

And seriously... Monty Python people... Monty Python.
    Last edited by bbobb; 13 Nov 2004 at 10:38 PM.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

3. I really liked The State. It almost came out on DVD. Maybe someday.

4. The Upright Citizens Brigade was an amazing show. So many clasic moments in that, and I'm still desperately awaiting the DVD's but I hear that isn't going to happen.

Kids In The Hall comes in second. That was a great show, and the the movie Brain Candy was pretty damn funny.

SNL, I thought, was never really that great to begin with. The much older seasons are pretty good, but late 80's and then late 90's absolutely sucked ass. But even now, the show is leagues better than Mad TV. Mad TV is the worst show ever, and now its all Comedy Central plays.

5. Quote Originally Posted by DarkCrow676
    Mad TV is the worst show ever, and now its all Comedy Central plays.
    Cuz they lost SNL to E!.

6. Quote Originally Posted by DarkCrow676
    Mad TV is the worst show ever
    IBTN

SNL is the best, not every season is great, but when you factor in the longgevity and all the comics who've made thier name through SNL every other sketch comedy show pales in comparison.

If we're considering currently only, then it's Chappelle show.

7. the upperclass twit of the year sketch is better than all 3 choices combined.
    so i guess my vote goes to monty python.

8. Yeah Strangers with Candy, Reno 911, Chapelle Show, and Upright Citizens Brigade all kick ass as well. If I could I'd put them all into the choices but I limited down to those 3 and a write in.

This is my first poll so forgive the mess. I also haven't slept since yesterday(Insomniac here).

Honestly though check out that Kenny Rogers skit in the link, it's in mpeg format so if you have a good connection check it out. Funniest thing Mad TV ever produced, even on 56k it's still manageable to download.

9. Chappelle and SNL
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

10. Quote Originally Posted by Rumpy
    I really liked The State. It almost came out on DVD. Maybe someday.
    IBTN. Monty Python is second.