Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Official Berserk thread

1. my impressions so far....

i finally recieved my dvd + case from the fine folks at dvd planet (which i recieved within 1 day from their shippment confirmation, fastest delivery yet). and i caught it all in earlier. first impressions right off the bat is that the case is beautiful (i fiddled around with it for a few minutes, inner art is gorgeous). popped in the dvd and found the menus to be overall sort of plain but the music makes it seem cool.

i finally begin to watch and right from the beginning, the theme just sort of seems awkward. for a show that's dark, they've got a pretty up beat song playing which reminds me of GTO. it's not that i hate it, cuz i don't, it just seems out of place (i was expecting a theme similar to Lodoss TV). so i get into the show itself and i'm expecting to see that annoying ass gay fairy thing from the game following Guts. glad to say that he's not in the first 5 eps which really brought my excitement up. i'll probably be disappointed once he shows (if he even shows... <groan>). so first ep finishes and i'm so far enjoying it. ending theme plays and i don't know if it's just me, but it really sounds like it was pulled from the Smashing Pumpkins' Adore album.

i watch through the rest and my excitement sort of dies down a little. those 5 episodes were just a little slow going. but the action is nice, story so far is interesting, music fits for the scenes that have it and i like the build up between the characters. you can feel the tension (sexual perhaps?) between Caska and Guts and this jealousy type of feeling coming from Caska whenever Guts is around Griffith. right now i dig the series (not as much as some of you), and i'm expecting the pace to quicken up a tad on the 2nd disc. if this is going to get even better then it'll be in the running for my top of the year next to GTO, Real Bout H.S. and GoldenBoy (among others).

yea, right when you see Griffith, you know he's straight up queer.

2. Griffith loves Guts, but it is unseen whether he wants to grab Gut's "Dragon Slayer" with his "God Hand" and go "Berserk" with it, dig? And why would Caska be going piss mad angry at Guts all the time if Griffith was "handling her ass"? That's the entire reason she's beating down on him every chance she gets in the first volume--she's MAD jealous.

Anyway, here come the spoilers

WARNING SHINKUUUU SPOIIIIIIIIIILERRRRDOOOOOKEN

Griffith does seem to have homosexual tendencies, as he has slept with a nobleman before for like money or something. However in the same vein, he also seduces this princess chick later on. So its unclear.

Guts on the other hand, eventually becomes best friends with Griffith and "loves" him, but at no point does a physical relationship seem to come into the equation. He even notices how much Caska is jonesing for and tries to get the two together.

But when Guts finds out that Griffith had sex with a man before, he's like "Whaaa?!"

So Guts isn't interested in Griffith, despite his (eventual) dedication--but is Griffith into Guts? He at one points says that Guts is "The one person who could make me forget my dream..."

Hmmmm....

END SPOILERS

Personally I think the guy is gayer than a Gay Pride Rally in Paris with everyone hopped up on aphrodesiacs and lattes with Barbara Streisand playing in the background.

....not that there is anything wrong with that.
    Compare your life to mine and KILL YOURSELF!!!

3. Berserk: Immortal soldier

Contains Episode 6-9
    100 min
    30/7 (as someone already pointed out)

I cant believe I spoiled the whole thing by reading the story , but since I played the game I already knew about some of the events.
    Cant wait until I get the first Disc...