Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Berserk thread

1. Official Berserk thread

Well I was surprised to find this title sitting on the shelf when I stopped by a shop in my neighborhood yesterday (May 18th) and being one of the series I was most looking forward to this year I purchased it even though I'm broke. I sat down and watched the first ep last night once my fiance went to bed (a little to bloody for her I'm sure) and all I can say is so far this one has my full attention like I thought it would. I love the main character, theres just something about him that clicks with me and who can not love that huge friggin sword. I want one. I hope I'm not the only one thats going to be following this one, it would really be a shame.

To lee, *D sends a high five right back at him* I'm sure we were seperated at birth... it would explain a lot of things.

I'm sure we'll be talking this one up a lot in a few months. From the looks of it, I'm guessing there going to do 8 DVD's, anyone want to confirm that? Let's hope the releases aren't too spaced out. I'm sure they won't be since Anime Works are handling Kenshin really well.

D

2. This is out already? I thought it was going to be released at the end of the month!

As if I weren't already broke enough...

3. Oh man, I have seen all of the Berserk series. Must say its one of my top 3 fav animes of all time.

Gutsu is so bad ass and the battles are classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Ex Ranza View Post
    Halverson had me totally convinced of Cybermorph's greatness, I'll tell you that much.

Then I got a Jag, took it home, and something seemed... not right.

4. Did you score a copy with or without the box ??
    There is a copy of Berserk DVD 1 that comes with a cardboard holding case for the entire series. I want that one
    - Kabuki

5. nice score

I doubt us Americans will be blessed with an early release. Highly anticipated series for me (moreso when I read Gattsu\Gutsu?? might be under the control of demons),was it just the disc or did you get the disc with box??

lee

6. Just the disc, I don't think I could have waited a few more days to get the box. Well I watched the rest of them today and I must say this DVD just jumped up to my favorite one, at least in the past year. I've been waiting a while for a series to get me pumped up, the animation is great (not stellar but still very good), the music is top notch, especially the battle music, my favorite tune in anime for sure, it just fits so well. The story is fucking tight, I love the way he grew up, explains why he's always got some huge sword. His warrior's attitude is top notch, and I think I see where the story is going but don't want to think about it too much. I really expect this one to blow me away. I think I'll watch the whole first disk again, it's just that good. Maybe I'll give the dub a try, I heard it for about 15 mins and thought it was pretty good but felt the japanese ones fit much better. Lee you have to pick this one up as soos as possible, it's awesome.

D

7. Yeah, Its one of my favorite Anime serieses as well. Its dark storyline and badass character make for a great time watching it. I wish animation quality would be little higher, but even with what it has, its great. I will be getting US dvd set as well, once its all out, as for now, I will continue watching my HK set, to finish the series.

8. never fear D

I plan on grabbing it the minute it drops.
    Silly question (but ill ask it anyways) what the hell is the lead characters name??
    I always thought it was Gattsu, but then the DC game also called him Guts, and somebody on this thread reffered to him as Gutsu...please enlighten us all. Too bad you missed out on the box, but getting the show early more then makes up for it, that and rightstuf.com will probably be selling em seperately anyways.

lee

9. I already see the entire series and i only will say this: FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!! one of the greatest series I ever seen, my only complain and this is a big one is the ending. The series has 26 awesome episodes but the last 10 min. of the series are completely crap!! I will not tell why because I don't want to spoil anything

10. Originally posted by Klonoa
    Oh man, I have seen all of the Berserk series. Must say its one of my top 3 fav animes of all time.

Gutsu is so bad ass and the battles are classic.

specially in the fight he earns the name: Century Slayer