Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paranoia Agent

1. Paranoia Agent

Haven't seen a thread on this yet, so I'll start.

Pretty cool series from the guy who directed Perfect Blue. I like the whole "relay method" approach to the episodes. It keeps things interesting and brings everything together. Plus the theme song is catchy as hell.

The only thing that could've been done better though is the "Lil' Slugger"....he could be a lot more menacing than he is. He's like Chucky, only he doesn't kill people.

And for any Rival Schools fans, there's a neat little surprise in episode 3...

The Tiffany doll in the fatass otaku's bed

2. http://www.the-nextlevel.com/board/s...ad.php?t=27157

The series is easily one of the best I have seen in a long time. It's really just perfect.

3. I posted a link a long time ago where you could DL the B-sides of the soundtrack and other goodies looong ago.

I picked up the first DVD the other day, can't wait for more. The ending credits is so relaxing at the end. I find the name "lil slugger" to be kinda funny, I'm used to batboy the Japanese used.

4. It's a great series, I'm sure. If it comes from Satoshi Kon it has to be.

I hear people are upset about the "Lil' Slugger" thing though. His name's supposed to be Shounen Bat.

5. Actually the title Shonen Bat is used quite often throughout the series.

And I'm almost sure the charm and intrigue of Lil' Slugger is that he is the polar opposite of menacing .

I'm a huge fan of this series. I've already ordered the rest of the series. The soundtrack is great, as well.

For those of you who are enjoying Satoshi Kon's directing skills, check out Millenium Actress. I watched it second time much to my absolute enjoyment.

6. Millenium Actress is indeed phenominal, but if I were to recommend his work to someone I'd show him or her Tokyo Godfathers first. What a great movie.

And the point of Lil' Slugger/Shonen Bat isn't really supposed to be some sort of twisted charm. The name belies a certain amount of anonymity. "Shonen Bat" is such a vague name that he could be anyone, anywhere. He inspires said paranoia. Even the Geneon reps at the Otakon '04 panel were disappointed with the name change.

7. i read a review for this series in a mag or something that never has anime reviews so i'm kinda interested in it. how many episodes are there? i really don't need to spend any money on a super long series.

8. It's a four-disc set, four episodes per disc. Worth every penny.

Thrird episode was fantastic.

9. Volume two is out. Neither Best Buy or Sun Coast had it, They = teh suck!

I'm going to have to order this. It is the best anime series on store shelves right now.

10. Quote Originally Posted by BEBOPlover
    I'm going to have to order this. It is the best anime series on store shelves right now.
    completely agreed.