Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gumshoe

Gumshoe

Nintendo has been on re-releasing binge lately but here's a game that won't likely resurface since modern Nintendo systems don't have light guns. Gumshoe wasn't a typical gun game. It was platformer that happened to use the Zapper as a controller. You would shoot the character(who oddly enough looks like Warren Spector) to make him jump. I found the game to be a nice change of pace from other gun games.

Fans?

2. Donkey Konga Before Donkey Konga was Donkey Konga.

3. i loved this game. one thing i'm still not sure of: were there alternate paths? i remember getting to areas that i could never seem to access again.

4. I hate this game so damn much.

Worst childhood memory ever.
    R.I.P Kao Megura (1979-2004)

5. Quote Originally Posted by Roufuss
    I hate this game so damn much.

Worst childhood memory ever.
    IBTN

this game made me cry when i was little more than any other. It was hard

6. I only played it briefly on an emulator, since the mouse/keyboard doesn't exactly do it justice, but it seemed like an interesting game and makes me want to get the actual cartridge. It's a shame that Nintendo has since abandoned the light-gun genre, since they used to make some of the best in the genre in my opinion (especially the Battle Clash/Metal Combat series).

7. This game is really cool and is more in depth than you might think. the great thing about Gumshoe that most people dont know, is that if you collect the power ups (chicken/turkey)continuously and get 4-5 in a row (dont remember the exact number), the level will flash and change entirely, you will go through areas you wouldnt get to if you didnt have the power ups. It even has level bosses, and for the time this in itself is amazing for a light gun title

8. Hmm, that's cool. I never got far enough to see. As noted, it was hard.

Warren Spector? Ha.

9. I always wanted to play this game when I was a kid. Thanks to emulation I finally got to. It sucked, but I guess that's because I didn't know I needed the light gun...

10. This is a great game. Every now and again I pull this game out and play it for a while. Its really one of the strangest games I have ever played. In what other game can you shoot a detective through a desert while avoiding bottles of hootch.
    Barf! Barf! Barf!