Page 1 of 18 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Capcom Fighting Evolution

1. Super Famicom Capcom Fighting Evolution

Some of the reviews from sites and magazines are out, and it doesn't look good. Rehased gameplay, sprites, and 5-6/10 scores seem to be the norm.

Now that its about out, what do those of you who have imported it and played the 'cade versions think?
    You don't have to be smart; you don't have to know the facts, you just have to be confident.

http://gamercards.exophase.com/37676.png

2. I think the same publications giving it low scores gave Mortal Kombat: Deception high scores, which makes me think they don't know much about fighting games.

Generally, of course

I played the game briefly and it seems alright. Definitely rehashing, but it's fun, and the mix of characters and fighting styles is definitely something new. And it's typically Capcom-solid.

3. Aside from it doing nothing new, or being a big-roster brawlerlike MvC2 or CvS2, I don't know what works against it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

4. The game itself is great. It's not going to topple 3rd Strike in terms of gameplay, but if you like Capcom fighters, you're going to like this. Rehash or not.

I've seen some of the reviews and I've yet to read one that actually touches on the gameplay. It's ugly. We get it. Welcome to 2D world. It's not like it's SVC ugly either.
    Play Guitar Hero //

5. so is it out on console yet, or just arcade? And what's the console price? If it's 20 like SF Anniversary, I'm there.

6. PS2, this week, $30.

7. *gasps*

Why are all these games I want coming out THIS week? I'm too broke for them all...

8. Thank goodness for birthday cash.

9. I was at the local Gamestop today, and they said it'd be in Wednesday.

I seriously can't decide whether or not I want to buy this. I was optimistic at first, but all the negativity surrounding it has really put a damper on my enthusiasm. As well as forcing me to face the reality that Capcom is yet again trying to get me to give them money for a bunch of old content put together in a slightly different way, and I'm severely tempted to do it. ;_;

10. Do it. You know you want to. I know I want to...