Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 414161718

Thread: Capcom Fighting Evolution

1. Quote Originally Posted by Roufuss
    Guile is one of the only ones who really has any sort of a main story.

Him and Chun Li and Cammy.

Actually the ass munch that wrote the SF movie son's favorite character was Guile, so he made Guile the main character. Pathetic i know

2. For some inane reason, I played this enough to unlock everything.

Now, I have officially dubbed this the funniest game ever. Why?

Ryu can kill Shin Akuma with a full life bar using the ShinShoryuken.
    One move, and he's dead. No nonsense.
    I'm hoping Akuma in this game is a joke based on how horribly he usually takes damage.
    But, yeah. There you go. This game is so balanced. They must have playtested it for MONTHS.

3. Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee
    I'm hoping Akuma in this game is a joke based on how horribly he usually takes damage.
    Akuma has so many other advantages, though. Shin Akuma in CvS2 also took a crapload of damage, but he was banned from tournaments because he's too good.

4. Quote Originally Posted by MarkRyan
    Akuma has so many other advantages, though. Shin Akuma in CvS2 also took a crapload of damage, but he was banned from tournaments because he's too good.
    Well, Yeah, I realize he's fairly nuts. But, you have to be FLAWLESS. I know one can pull off crazy shit with those air fireballs, but Urien was knocking off a third of his life with roundhouse kicks, fer Pete's sake. I just think it's a bit much, even for Akuma.

5. Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee
    Ryu can kill Shin Akuma with a full life bar using the ShinShoryuken.
    I find myself wishing I owned this game now.

However, besides that, I have little desire to play it again and I don't want to pay much for it. I don't understand why this isn't $20 already. Or less. Less would be good. I'd pay $20 for this and SvC Chaos, two shitty yet potentially amusing games, one low price.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Clash_Master
    He's had a few straight to DVD movies in the past few years. Plus no one gives a shit about those kind of action movies anymore.
    Actually, In Hell and his most recent Wake of Death are good and harken back to the quality of Bloodsport. He's worked with Ringo Lam a few times now and In Hell really should be seen.

There is a thread from some time back:

http://www.the-nextlevel.com/board/s...ight=Ringo+Lam

Van Damme for whatever reason gets to work with a lot of HK talent. He did Hard Target, wish I could have seen the real John Woo cut that he wanted to release. Both his Tsui Hark films are excellent -- Double Team and Knockoff -- simply for their action choreography and interesting camera work (Double Team action was done by Sammo Hung). So anyway, yeah he isn't the big budget draw he was, but he's made some decent action flicks lately that are atleast worth a rent.

Speaking of Seagal -- he also did Belly of the Beast a little while ago with Ching Siu Tung who is an amazing action director (worked on Hero, Chinese Ghost Story, among others) -- it's worth a rental.

ssb

Quote Originally Posted by Grave
    I find myself wishing I owned this game now.

However, besides that, I have little desire to play it again and I don't want to pay much for it. I don't understand why this isn't $20 already. Or less. Less would be good. I'd pay $20 for this and SvC Chaos, two shitty yet potentially amusing games, one low price.
    I think people need to clarify tho -- SvC is possibly the worst coded 2-D fighter ever made. It is broken beyond repair (and I don't mean good broken like MvC2) -- everyone has infinites, there are problems with hit detection, chars not turning around when jumped over, etc. It is just a downright poorly made game.

CFE, whether people like its rehashing etc. is considered by the fighting community to be pretty well balanced and is even being run at SBO this year in Japan with some seats going to US players. You won't see SvC reach the same kind of status.

ssb
    "50,000! You scored 50,000 points on Double Dragon?"

7. Is there a place you can just download the Udon endings so you don't actually have to play the game?

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww