Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: EB giving cash back for cellphones

1. EB giving cash back for cellphones

i've never heard of this mentioned anywhere else, and i can't find any sort of info on it at EB's site, but i picked up a red cellphone-shaped flier advertising cellphone trade-ins. don't know how it works, but this is everything that's on it:

Bling For Your Ring

EB Games is now giving you CASH FOR YOUR CELL PHONES.

Highest value paid for GSM* phones (especially Tri-Band GSM phones). All phones accepted. Trade values range from $1.00 to $40.00.

*GSM is a technology currently used by T-Mobile, Cingular and ATT.
    i doubt many of you have a bunch of phones lying around, but i know i've got a couple that i could toss at them. i sure as hell ain't going to get anything on ebay, so i guess this is the next best thing. so anyone care to shed some light?

2. I rather go with eBay. So as long you got box, manual, charger and the phone is in good or better condition, you'll get good money (depending on how old it is as well).

$40 for a phone? You know me, I can get a good amount on phones cuz I'm a eBay GURU!

Better yet, forget selling it..you can donate it and get it written off in taxes.

Doesnt mention whether it has to work or not, so you can give them your busted T720. It does say "All phones accepted" after all.

3. Heh....now all those stolen phones have somewhere to go..
    “The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, you know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.” -George Carlin

I think EB goes out of their way to endorse petty theft by thugz4lyf.

They'll be accepting car stereos next.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

5. There are two or three old cellphones hanging out somewhere in my house, I must find them.

6. "I think EB goes out of their way to endorse petty theft by thugz4lyf."

This really is getting ridiculous. I mean, sure, there are people who actually have cell phones to get rid of, but it's like they just want you to give them any of your possessions for a game.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams
    This really is getting ridiculous. I mean, sure, there are people who actually have cell phones to get rid of, but it's like they just want you to give them any of your possessions for a game.
    what's wrong with that? i'm personally waiting for them to start the "old spare house keys for cash" promo. 5 people in the house, changing the locks at least 3 times... i'll be rolling in the cash!

Quote Originally Posted by bandit
    I rather go with eBay. So as long you got box, manual, charger and the phone is in good or better condition, you'll get good money (depending on how old it is as well).

$40 for a phone? You know me, I can get a good amount on phones cuz I'm a eBay GURU!
    not even you could get over 40 each for my T720 and this Samsung R225. maybe about 30, but not over 40. and i don't think i have all the stuff for the phones. the Samsung isn't even mine. :X

8. Okay now... I have a lung, two ruptured spleen's and an old, mushy heart. Can I please have that copy of Katamari Damacy... UNOPENED, please?

9. that'll get you at least a used copy of Stretch Panic. or Mary-Kate and Ashley Turn 16. your pick!

10. Quote Originally Posted by Ashen Victor
    that'll get you at least a used copy of Stretch Panic. or Mary-Kate and Ashley Turn 16. your pick!
    This reminds me of those brilliant commercials Nintendo made for Animal Crossing.

"What, do you think I'm a chump? Go try the raccoon."