Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tom Clancy's Classic Trilogy

1. Xbox Tom Clancy's Classic Trilogy

San Fancisco, CA – Ubisoft, one of the world’s
    largest videogame publishers, today announced that a Tom Clancy Triple Pack for
    Xbox® video game system from Microsoft will be available at retail outlets across
    the U.S. this week. The collection, entitled Tom Clancy’s Classic Trilogy, is a
    special three-DVD set and includes three platinum Xbox titles:

• Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon™: The military shooter that set the bar for
    realistic special forces action.
    o 15 missions and dozens of weapons (30+ hours of gameplay).
    o 3 modes of multiplayer warfare over Xbox Live and offline.

• Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell™: The award-winning stealth action masterpiece
    that broke graphical barriers and took the gaming world by storm.
    o 9 stealth action missions (20+ hours of gameplay).
    o 3 extra premium downloadable missions via Xbox Live.

• Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six 3™: Still the No. 1 title on Xbox™ Live, this
    counter-terrorism game set the standard in multiplayer innovation.
    o 14 single-player missions (20+ hours of gameplay).
    o Endless online multiplayer replayability.
    o 7 premium multiplayer maps downloadable via Xbox Live.

With sales of more than 4 million units in the United States alone, the Clancy games
    represent the No. 1 selling Xbox family in that console’s history. Now, for the
    first time, gamers can enjoy the three titles that started it all at a phenomenal
    value – just $39.99 for all three games.
    Well, this seems like a fantastic bargain, and if they aren't all in PH packaging, I'll snatch this deal up.

Edit - Well, judging by the packaging shown on EB's site, it's PH. Oh well, good bargain regardless.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TCTrilogy.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	10.0 KB 
ID:	12636  
    Last edited by Jeremy; 16 Nov 2004 at 10:39 PM.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

2. Why do people give a shit if it's in PH/GH/EC pakaging? Isn't the gameplay why you would buy them?

3. Quote Originally Posted by ...
    Now, for the
    first time, gamers can enjoy the three titles that started it all at a phenomenal
    value – just $39.99 for all three games.
    I think that's why.

4. Glass Joe, I prefer buying non-GH/PH stuff, although I don't mind the PH stuff all that much, as the silver tends to enhance some covers, like PGR. It also looks nice with Splinter Cell's art. With this, I was curious if they'd do something like Take 2 did with the GTA collection on PSX, and just reverse the color scheme for the packaging.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

5. Quote Originally Posted by DjRocca
    I think that's why.
    I don't think you understood my question.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy
    Glass Joe, I prefer buying non-GH/PH stuff, although I don't mind the PH stuff all that much, as the silver tends to enhance some covers, like PGR. It also looks nice with Splinter Cell's art. With this, I was curious if they'd do something like Take 2 did with the GTA collection on PSX, and just reverse the color scheme for the packaging.

That's cool, I just never understood why some people refuse to get GH packaging. It's not like it changes the game, but to each their own.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Glass Joe
    That's cool, I just never understood why some people refuse to get GH packaging. It's not like it changes the game, but to each their own.
    I guess it's for aethestic value.

But I never understood that either, it's not like someone will see your collection and be like "OMG YOU SUCK SO HARD GREATEST HITS PACKAGING NOT A TRUE GAMER"
    R.I.P Kao Megura (1979-2004)

7. I don't mind the GH stuff when it doesn't hamper the cover art being shown, and in some cases, it can enhance the looking. With GH stuff, for example, Dave Mirra 2 looks fantastic with it. With the Player's Choice games, Pac-Man World 2 looks great with it, as does Smash Bros. Melee. In general, light colored covers look great with PC stuff, GH stuff looks okay depending on the cover, and PH stuff looks great for nearly anything.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

8. I'm contemplating this, seriously. I have like three games for Live. But... ehh... I want the new R6. It seems to be more popular, these days...

9. If you have the GH/PH/PC on your games, it means you ain't teh hardcore, you didn't pay $150 for $40 worth of games, you played the games after everyone else got to it first.

Why do people pay gobs for first editions of famous books or originals of paintings? Isn't it the words/picture that you buy it for?
    No gnus is good gnus.

10. Why do people pay gobs for first editions of famous books or originals of paintings? Isn't it the words/picture that you buy it for?
    The same analogy can't be applied to the instruction manual of a game.

Damned if I didn't own 2 of the 3 games in there (Hate Ghost Recon, though the sequel looks fresh) because thats a pretty good deal. If I knew someone who was picking up an XBOX this Christmas, aside from Halo 2 this would be the first thing out of my mouth. Splinter Cell has easily stood it's test of time, and so has Rainbow Six 3 (Plus its still pretty popular online).
    Play Guitar Hero //