Page 1 of 7 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: My Review

1. Thumbs Up My Review

Friends, Romans, Gamers- lend me your controllers!! Shadow of Rome has finally been released on PS2 after much anticipation since its E3 preview. Capcom thrusts you into an all too realistic reincarnation of ancient Rome amidst the assassination of Julius Caesar setting the backdrop for a gory adventure with the direction of an empire resting on your shoulders- but not yours alone. Utilizing unique character switching Shadow of Rome enlists the brute centurion Agrippa and the brainier, shall we say slimmer, Octavianus to give the title a duality of fighting and stealth that enhances game play and the plot. I have read positive reviews for the game but some critics were unsatisfied with the stealth missions but I think they are a welcome respite to constant carnage and added a smarter edge to the game while reminding me of the Metal Gear Solid series at its finest. Besides those comments were probably because the game flat out rules and gamers were having too much fun being rambunctious with Agrippa’s scenes. And they are scenes at that. The grandeur of Shadow of Rome is very cinematic, reminiscent to Ridley Scott’s Gladiator, and the visually pleasing graphics give credence to this. I was pleasantly surprised with the fluidity and movement based on only screenshots I had seen but I should have known better when I found out Shadow of Rome was developed by the Onimusha team. Overall, Shadow of Rome gives the best of both worlds to gamers while it is deathly intense and well thought out it can be a classic hack-n-slash that your friends will enjoy just watching you. The only thumbs down involved with this one will be the emperors signal to kill your opponent with unabashed and merciless candor. Highest Recommendation.

2. In before the flames
    Stay down!

3. Ummmmmmmm

Wow.

Just wow.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

4. have you checked it out? i dunno, i really dig it man. the big shot reviews have been good too.

5. Great thread title

6. My review:

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

7. I thought it was well-written. It got to the point and didn't have any catch phrases.

Oh, I was looking at the above post.

This review is garbage

8. Quote Originally Posted by neutralmilk
    have you checked it out? i dunno, i really dig it man. the big shot reviews have been good too.
    Here is some advice, neutralmilk, if you decide to stick around:

1) Learn to use paragraph breaks. Your initial post is already unreadable.

2) You probably have poor reading comprehension as well, as the Reader Reviews board is one of the first things you see when you first enter the Gaming Discussion board.

3) You suck. Welcome to TNL.
    R.I.P. Paragon Studios

9. Quote Originally Posted by Cowdisease

3) You suck. Welcome to TNL.

You have to be an ass don't you?

Also, Shadow of Rome plays like a sweaty grundle.
    Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX
    I am pretty sure one of the reasons Jesus died is so we could enjoy delicious chicken and waffle fries seven days a week.
    Eat a bag of dicks.

10. I was gonna watch the ECW DVD I just bought, but for some reason I feel like taking a nap now.

Could my day be any more depressing? I can't wait to find out.
    "Your soul better belong to Jesus, mmm-mmmmm..... cause your ass belongs to me!"