Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: About Berserk and Anime

1. About Berserk and Anime

I left, as my first post here, a request for good anime on the Samurai Champloo thread. As it so happens, the Berserk thread is directly below that one right now. So I watched it. There are no words available to me that can describe the... anger and frustration I feel that they STOPPED AT THE 25TH EPISODE. What the hell am I supposed to do now? What the fuck is going on? The whole world is out to get me. How's the manga? I've never read one.

2. From what I've heard, the anime was really just to get people into the manga, which is really really badass. I'm hoping that they decide to continue on with the anime since it was so amazing, but it's not likely going to happen.

3. I dunno, the complete collection that just came out says "all 25 episodes from the first season". That sounds pretty indicitave of a second possibly in the pipeline, though it could have just been a foul-up.

4. They are indeed making a follow-up anime, but I've been told that it won't be airing in Japan until mid-2005. You'll have to get your demon orgy fix from the manga for now.

5. where you get that info from?

6. Quote Originally Posted by Rtificial
    where you get that info from?
    It was an article in a NewType of months gone by. Also, the Media Blasters panel at Otakon '04 stated that they are not positive if they will get the rights to the new episodes being animated.

7. I know they were in talks to do another anime, but I think actually doing such a thing will be very tough to handle well because of the things cut from the first series that become important after.

The manga is really one of the greatest epics ever written. The amount of work that's gone into it is absolutely unrivaled. I can't reccomend it strongly enough.

8. is the manga available in english? is it for sale already?

9. The manga is for sale in English, and from what I'm aware, there are at least 3 volumes released.

Then again, I'm also aware that there are more than 26 volumes, so you may be in for a wait.

10. Four volumes, actually.
    I have them. Good stuff.