Thread: The George Romero thread...

The George Romero thread...

I know a lot of people here are fans of George Romero's movies, so here's a thread to discuss his work. Yahoo. That took a whole lot of explaining.

I'd like to say that I don't think Bruiser is a sign of the times that Romero's past his prime, I think it's merely a sign that Romero is rusty (it was his first film in almost 10 years.) Needless to say, it was pretty fuckin awful, but it had a few redeeming qualities. People seem to not like Romero anymore as much as they did before, I know it's hard to live up to anything really good after Dawn of the Dead, but I personally though one of his later movies The Dark Half was a great adaption of the novel, and not the first time that King and Romero have come together to form a very cool movie (Creepshow was awesome.)

I'm done.

2. yes, Dawn of the Dead is classic.

I will check out 'The Dark Half'. Creepshow was cool as well (scared the poo outta me when I was younger).

Any other Romero flicks you would like to recommend?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Ranza View Post
    Halverson had me totally convinced of Cybermorph's greatness, I'll tell you that much.

Then I got a Jag, took it home, and something seemed... not right.

3. Creepshow rocks. An excellent tribute to the old EC Comics that I loved so much. I wonder If I still have the comic adaptation of the movie?

I have to agree that Bruiser was pretty flat. It had a great concept, though. That absurd "Here We Go Again" ending was probobly what hurt the movie the most for me.

The Crazies is pretty good. It's got that Dawn Of The Dead feel to it, and is loaded with some twisted shit.

I've never seen Knight Riders or Monkey Shines, are either any good?

4. Well, I'm a big fan of the Dead trilogy, and I could only hope for Romero to come back with another Dead film. Those are classics, that pretty much were responsible for birth the Zombie film genre all around the world. Dawn of the Dead still is my favorite of 3, with Day a close second. I'm not a big fan of Night, both original version and especially 1990 remake. I thought that the book was better, and screen adaptation didnt work as well. Plus for film directed by Tom Savini, remake had such awful fx , which he didnt even worked at

As for other Romero films, Dark Half was indeed good SK adaptation, with interesting storyline and direction, and some cool moments.

Monkey Shines was awful, or at least that what I thought about it a while back, when I watched it.

Still havent seen Bruiser, but its on my to watch list, and I will get to it eventually. I heard a lot of mixed opinions about it. Some people liked it, and many hated it, so I guess I will need to see it for myself, to make a judgement about it.

Lately, He was working on couple of scripts that he was trying to turn into feature films, but its not being an easy process. As for his version of RE script and movie, after reading his draft, I didnt feel that it would work good in RE universe. Some things in his script were cool, but it had too many differences from the game to work. If he really wants to make another film dealing with dead, I hope he continues Dead storyline instead. Rumored Twighlight of the Dead would a good start

Rumored Twighlight of the Dead would a good start
    How long has this rumor been in circulation anyway? I would lvoe for it to be true.

Most people are suprised when they hear that Day of the Dead was my favorite Dead movie. It didn't have the creepy social relevance of Dawn of the Dead, but it had a great setting for such a low budget (one of the reasons for the dissapointing ending ), the story was very cool, and Tom Savini was at his best with this one. Easily some of the goriest scenes in movie history right here.

If you do happen do like Bruiser, you should also check out another Romero film, Martin. Similar concept, better execution? That's up to you, this one also gets mixed reviews.

6. Originally posted by Rick
    How long has this rumor been in circulation anyway? I would lvoe for it to be true.
    The official title is Dead Reckoning. And it's actually not a rumor anymore: Romero (supposedly) already has a completed script and is shopping it around to potential studios, along with the help Argento of course. So honestly, if you want this to come to fruition, buy the Resident Evil DVD and watch House of the Dead forty times once it comes out.

7. I want to watch Martin for quite some time, but none of the stores near me has it, and I missed the chance when they did. I know its interesting take on the vampire films.

Day od the Dead is very good. Zombies in it, are most fierce onces than in other films of the trilogy. The scenes where they struggle to capture them are great, and quite tense. Gore scenes are also excellent, more real looking then Dawn's fake red blood on the white faces scenes I also liked the set of military base, with its dark halways, abandoned storages and basements. Very RE like