Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Viz to Release Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Manga!

1. Viz to Release Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Manga!

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/article.php?id=5755

Quote Originally Posted by ANN
    posted on 2004-11-19 19:45:46

Hunter X Hunter, Eyeshield 21, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure and more manga.
    Although no official licensing or release announcement has come from Viz, Amazon.com now lists Hunter X Hunter by Hurohiko Araki as being released by Viz on April 5th.

Similarly, Amazon also lists Eyeshield 21 as coming out on April 5th.

Also due on April 5th is JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.

For March 1st, Amazon lists Legendz by Daisuke Higuchi as well as a Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex Ani-manga.

This month's Diamond Previews also listed SOS volume 1 and Times Two volume 1 as shipping from Viz in March.

The UK Amazon website also lists the Outlaw Star manga shipping from Viz on February 28th, while Amazon.com lists the title as being due on October 27th, 2004 (but not yet released). Viz has informed ANN that Outlaw Star is "Not By Viz."

Thanks to Chibigoku for pointing some of this out to us.
    Yes! Finally, an official translation of the crony, quirky Jojo manga. I'm sure we'll have to start way from the beginning and not from 3rd Generation, but I'll live.

I'll finally understand what the game was all about. I didn't even play it, just saw the game advertised, and had no idea wtf it was.

3. Kick ass! I have been wanting to read these mangas (from the beginning) ever since the game came out. It has an extremely interesting storyline that starts out in like the 1800s or something and is about Vampires and stuff, and then it goes into the 50s with Joseph and then into modern times with Egypt. Its crazy stuff, can't wait.
    Barf! Barf! Barf!

4. AWESOME. I've wanted to read JoJo for so damn long!

My only fear is that this will get released in typical manga fashion, and even though we're like seven years or whatever behind it'll take forever to catch up. I just want them to release an enourmous boxset that I can buy and read at my leisure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowutopia
    I'll finally understand what the game was all about. I didn't even play it, just saw the game advertised, and had no idea wtf it was.
    Which one, DC/arcade or PS2?

DC. It was a fighter, I think.

6. This is terrific news, but Viz can still kiss my ass for not continuing with The Guyver manga.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Cowutopia
    DC. It was a fighter, I think.
    Yeah, the DC had the 2D fighting game and the PS2 had the 3D adventure game. I really liked the fighting game but never got too into it, so fun and wacky.

8. I still really want to play GioGios Adventure, they kept saying they were going to bring it stateside, but eventually relised that it would not sell what-so-ever. Someday I might get it just for the hell of it. I own both the DC and PSone fighters, wish the PSone was on the DC to keep all the story mode intact, but with the great graphics of the DC version.
    Barf! Barf! Barf!

Quote Originally Posted by Clash_Master
    I still really want to play GioGios Adventure
    If you never listen to anything I say ever again after this, it'll be ok, because;

You do not want to play GioGio's Adventure. I cannot be more serious. The only thing I'll concede that the game does right is the graphics and environment (music/sfx/interface/etc.), but the act of playing the game is just horrifying. This is coming from someone that has all 6 parts of the manga, the two art books, the DC game and the SFC RPG for the series as well. The PS2 game is honestly just that bad.

Meanwhile

I do think they'll start at part 3, since part 3 was re-released as a seperate series in Japan about a year ago (as well as the fact that both animation series were based on part 3, as well as the fighters) ... if they did release parts 1 and 2, all the power to them (since it does have interesting storylines and there are some instances in that arc which are referenced in the CPS3 game) but I don't think it'd sell as well.

10. Quote Originally Posted by dog$
    If you never listen to anything I say ever again after this, it'll be ok, because;

You do not want to play GioGio's Adventure. I cannot be more serious. The only thing I'll concede that the game does right is the graphics and environment (music/sfx/interface/etc.), but the act of playing the game is just horrifying. This is coming from someone that has all 6 parts of the manga, the two art books, the DC game and the SFC RPG for the series as well. The PS2 game is honestly just that bad.

No it's not bad at all. I have been playin git for the last couple of weeks and it's great. It's fun enough just to play as the Jojo characters in such a beautiful world. If you are a Jojo fan you must own this game! It's great!

As far as the Viz Manga's go - I wonder how they will get around the music references copyright issues.