Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12346 ... LastLast

Thread: 1/3 of gamers prefer "retro" consoles

1. GBA is essentially a modern day retro platform, with it's classic reissues and traditional updates. And there's 60+ million happy GBA owners worldwide.

2. And it's true.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

And it's fantastic. <3

4. Quote Originally Posted by Cowutopia
    And it's fantastic. <3
    and you're GAY.

And you're cute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mzo
    OMG <3 LOL

6. I think that is the lesson to be learned from this survey. if you are creating a new console/platform ... you better have backwards compatibility. (Looking at you Microsoft)

7. Quote Originally Posted by Victrix
    Do good books get oudated? Good music? Good movies? Games are no different.
    Most do.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque
    Most do.
    Not the truly great.

Anyway, I think the reason people play older systems is not because they do not understand new ones. It is just fucking fun to play old systems, simple as that. At my house we play as much NES as PS2. Why? I have no idea, we just do.
    your mom

9. Quote Originally Posted by Mman
    Not the truly great.
    That's why I said most, not all.

Anything Good can be outdated by better things, but truely great things can be timeless. There are few games in each generation that are really timeless.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsubaki
    ... What a baseless generalization.
    Too bad he's right, asshat. Most of my friends are casual gamers, and they far prefer instant action and A=jump B=shoot to overbearing, 30 hour long epic quests.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery