Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123457 ... LastLast

Thread: 1/3 of gamers prefer "retro" consoles

1. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque
    Anything Good can be outdated by better things, but truely great things can be timeless. There are few games in each generation that are really timeless.
    For games, this is true. But you were also indicating books and movies and music, which tends to be quite a bit more timeless than video games.
    your mom

Quote Originally Posted by Mman
    For games, this is true. But you were also indicating books and movies and music, which tends to be quite a bit more timeless than video games.
    I think this is because a lot of games are, quite frankly, crap.

Comparatively, I think there have been far more numerous quality entries in Literature and Film and Music to this point, and this is probably a result of being around longer, so those formats have had a chance to develop and evolve.
    But video games are still very young compared to these other areas. And when you look at truly "Timeless" literature, speaking from a societal/education standpoint as opposed to a personal one, there isn't as much timeless literature as you would at first think. Same goes for music and film.

Then there's stuff like genre standard fare. Who needs a Dynasty Warriors 4 when the new hack and slash game comes out? Who needs a Goosebump book when the next teen horror author comes out?
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

3. Quote Originally Posted by dave is ok
    and you're GAY.
    And that was uncalled for.

Quote Originally Posted by Mzo
    Too bad he's right, asshat. Most of my friends are casual gamers, and they far prefer instant action and A=jump B=shoot to overbearing, 30 hour long epic quests.
    You too Mr. Moderator. *kicks Mzo* <3
    Name: Rock
    Town: Arcadia

I didn't like his snobby tone >=(
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

you guys do realize that if you never met Mzo or heard him speak, and didn't know he was joking, you would probably think he was a 14 year old girl. His ability to simulate one perfectly is probably why he's so good at snagging them for his craven sexual fantasies.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Cowutopia
    you guys do realize that if you never met Mzo or heard him speak, and didn't know he was joking, you would probably think he was a 14 year old girl. His ability to simulate one perfectly is probably why he's so good at snagging them for his craven sexual fantasies.
    WTF!?
    Name: Rock
    Town: Arcadia

7. I didn't like it either. Good job, queer.
    o_O

I love Mzo. <3
    And his Mom.

LOLS

XDDD <3
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

10. Cowutopia's post was much funnier before I realized he said "simulate".
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan