Thread: windows installshield - default uncompressing drive

1. windows installshield - default uncompressing drive

Ok, my computer has a partition for windows which has recently become very bloated - there's only about 300mb free.

Im trying to install the tribes: vengance demo, but it wants to uncompress the setup file ONLY to the windows partition. It says there is not enough free space.

I googled and they said i could do the following:

c:\tribesv_mpdemo.exe -is:tempdir c:\temp

but that doesn't work, its as if the other arguments aren't there. any ideas?

2. Somethings not right here. You should have at least a gig of free space in your partition. Is your partition about 5 gig? Windows does not take up all that space. Maybe I'm thinking of your recovery space here, when in fact your talking about C drive.

The best I can suggest, is to go into your performance and maintenance menu and run a scan on your hard-drive, to see what space you can free up, by compressing older files and defragging your drive.

3. If you are running ME or XP and are running system restore, turn that crap off.

4. Quote Originally Posted by JMET
    If you are running ME or XP and are running system restore, turn that crap off.
    He should make a recovery disk first though.

5. either in command or right click my computer properties,

set TEMP=C:\tempdirhere
    set TMPDIR=C:\tempdirhere

and install

6. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet
    He should make a recovery disk first though.
    Well, everyone should be backing up stuff to dvd or cd, I forget since I have all the tools that not everyone has multiple pc's and hard drives laying around much less the software tools to move data or back it up during a windows crash.

BARTPE is the greatest disk for a tech ever btw.
    Last edited by JMET; 02 Dec 2004 at 05:33 PM.