Thread: Refresh rate

1. Refresh rate

If I set my refresh rate to anything above 60hz, my screen wiggles and shakes. Its really weird. Its not a big deal, since Ive been using a refresh rate of 60hz for a long time, but I had to manually override War3's settings. Any way to fix this so I can bump up the refresh if I want?

2. Bump your resolution down a notch, many monitors can't support anything higher than 60Hz at their maximum resolution.

3. i agree with johnny. it "could" be your video card but more than likely a sub-par monitor.

4. If you're using an LCD then most of them only accept 60hz at whatever the native resolution is. Therefore if you set it to 70 or 80 it will start to flicker. This is with both DVI and VGA. If it is a CRT monitor then it is fucked. Take a look at the Display Properties->Advanced->Adapter-> Refresh rate. Sometimes you have a checkbox to disable all the frequencies that the monitor doesn't support, just choose the one that it does support.
    I don't know how to get rid of the huge space here.

5. Make sure you have the drivers installed for your monitor, many times it is set as just a plain monitor so head to the manufacturers web site.

I have a Samsung 17 inch monitor which I run at 1280x960 with a refresh of 70hz, anything less and my contacts dry out because of the strain...
    Last edited by JMET; 30 Nov 2004 at 10:39 PM.