Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help me ID some games...

1. Help me ID some games...

Okay, there are several games that I have no idea what they are called...and I only remember seeing/playing them vaguely.

Game #1
    It is an arcade game that had a sit-down cab. The game was a Road-Blasters style game featuring futuristic cityscapes and enemies. It featured a futuristic hover-car type vehicle that would transform between some stages depending on the turf: It could hover on water for over-water stages, etc. The graphics look similar to Space Harrier and Outrun (System 32) in that it was full of scaling sprites.

Game #2
    It is a FMV fighting game on the Duo (?) featuring anime characters. I remember it being featured in Gamefan magazine back in the day. Character designs resembled those of Fist of the Northstar.

Game #3
    An incredibly violent light gun game featuring torture chambers. I believe the gun resembled a crossbow. You could shoot various torture devices to decapitate prisoners, or simply shoot them- with lots of blood and gore. The game was fairly old, and the graphics looked very late 1980's.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. game # 3 is Chiller. It was in arcades and came out in Europe for the NES.

I would love to know what the first game was because I played that game to death. I'd love to Mame it

3. #1 sounds like S.T.U.N. Runner and I'm almost positive you mean Battle Heat on PC-FX by #2.
    -Kyo

4. I was going to say Battle Heat, too. Nice call.

5. Quote Originally Posted by StriderKyo
    #1 sounds like S.T.U.N. Runner and I'm almost positive you mean Battle Heat on PC-FX by #2.
    S.T.U.N. Runner was polygonal though and he said it used scaling sprites ala those System 16 games he mentioned.

I dont remember the hovercar transforming in S.T.U.N. Runner but its been awhile since I've seen it. I'm interested to know what game he's talking about.

I was thinking about Burning Force by Namco. It was like space harrier in a way and it had water, land and space stages. You would use some hovercraft in the water stages but fly in a spaceship in the space stages. Not sure if it was the same craft that transformed though.
    Last edited by raystorm; 27 Nov 2004 at 07:26 PM.

6. Quote Originally Posted by haohmaru
    I was going to say Battle Heat, too. Nice call.
    Well, there are only so many FMV fighting games with Fist of the North Star art out there, you know?

There's a site that has the intro and gameplay video here. Never played it, but it looks really well done.
    -Kyo

7. That reminds me alot of the Yu Yu Hakusho "Cinematic Battle" games on Game Gear.

8. There were versions of that on the SNES as well.There were also Zenki cinematic fighters and a Ring ni Kakero cinematic boxing game on the SNES, just to cover the ones I know of. =|

9. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda
    That reminds me alot of the Yu Yu Hakusho "Cinematic Battle" games on Game Gear.
    they're pretty cool games (played the snes versions).

10. Battle Heat was decent for what it was and it *did* look very nice. FMV fighting games were never my thing - there were a few Fists of the North Star released for PSX in Japan. I played one of them and it didn't come close to being as polished as Battle Heat.