Thread: Motorcycle Diaries

1. Film Motorcycle Diaries

"Let the world change you... and you can change the world."

The Motorcycle Diaries is incredible in the way Easy Rider was for our America in 1969. For the benefit of doubt, I imagine the most practical and the most callous of individuals could walk out of the theater with little opinion but that of what they thought about the over buttered popcorn. However, if you hold the slightest bit of idealism or are a romantic at heart, you can't help but leave your seat stunned. My mother cried.

Like Easy Rider, Diaries is a tale of the open road capturing all the beauty of her native land - the people, the country side, their pleasures and their troubles. But unlike Easy Rider, this is also a coming of age story, and the transition is inspiring. From the first thirty minutes it holds its own with the best (or worst) of 80's teen comedies, but by the end of the film, the focus moves away from the boys and any superficiality has been wiped away.

I'm not saying the movie would inspire me to be a communist, in fact it has little mention of it, but it has a way of revealing that there is more to the world than what is around your block. I went in depressed about a rejection letter I received from American Express and I came out thankful for what we had...

Last edited by Doc Holliday; 01 Dec 2004 at 01:47 AM. Reason: added picture links
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt