Page 1 of 11 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Teaser images of next gen Madden and Need for Speed

1. Teaser images of next gen Madden and Need for Speed

Credit goes to element @ GAF.

Holy shit. NOTE, that these are not real images of the games, they are only renders presented by EA as to what Madden and NFS could look like next gen.

Anyway, if next gen football looks like that, I can only imagine what kind of insanity is going to unfold. Personally, I doubt any FB game will look that good in-game next gen, at least not for the first iteration. Not that it wouldn't be possible, just that if it is, creating something of that quality in real time is going to be a fucking huge undertaking.
    Last edited by Andy; 02 Dec 2004 at 08:10 AM.
    Buy Yakuza and Oblivion. Help yourself, help TNL.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Andy
    Holy shit.

That says it all.

3. As Andy said its a CG renders. Real time models might look great, and with time get better, but I doubt that any of next gen systems, will be able to render in real time graphical models on this level.

Just not yet.

Yawn.

What's the point of this? Oh, it's just new system hype bullshit. Way to waste my time, Andy.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

5. those pics are very impressive indeed, too bad i hate sport games.

anyways, that NFS game looks mouth watering good. im so glad EA finally decided to drop the super ricey Undergound series. I hope that shot is from Hot Persuit 3(online ofcourse)

6. Can anyone dig up these type of pics before PS2/Xbox came out? I would be curious to see what renders v reality looked like in this generation.

7. Quote Originally Posted by toxic
    Can anyone dig up these type of pics before PS2/Xbox came out? I would be curious to see what renders v reality looked like in this generation.
    I remember a pic of the PS2 stuff that looked just like this. This was when the PS2 would play games that looked just like FF: The Spirits Within (movie) in real time.

yea, yawn.

8. Are you doubting the emotion engine? Fool.
    Play Guitar Hero //

9. The NFS shot looks very believable, actually looks like it may be a little below average for a racing game next gen.

The Madden shot, I don't think next-gen could do that in real-time, but I don't think it'll be as wildly under the quality of the pic as you guys seem to imagine.

10. Well you never know. I mean the Halo 2 commercials look like they're partially CGI scenes. And none of them are. If the game were coming out in 2001, I wouldnt believe the screens either. The NFS shot is nice but if Madden looks that good, it'll be the first football game I own.