Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 12345717 ... LastLast

Thread: Frag Dolls

1. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque
    You guys made a shitty site where one girl said her favorite weapon combo was dual shotguns.

That's enough reason for me to hate.
    I think you're missing the point behind the fact that our fucking mascot, Master Kitty said her favorite weapons was Dual Shotguns. A character based on a drawing that was done here by Fury Fox.

By the way, I just got off the phone with Mickey Mouse, he said he's totally going to shove his dual sniper rifles up your ass tonight in Hang Em' High.
    Last edited by Sl1p; 03 Dec 2004 at 03:00 PM.
    Play Guitar Hero //

Quote Originally Posted by epmode
    they're sponsored. whoring it up is part of their image.
    Right. If they're getting paid to do this, they're excused. It's just idiot PR people doing what they think appeals to mainstream gamers.

Don't hate the titties. They are innocents here.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

Quote Originally Posted by Mzo
    idiot PR people doing what they think appeals to mainstream gamers.
    I hate it. But that must mean I hate people.

I have a friend who sold his soul to make shittons of money advertising, then realized he felt morally and personally bankrupt and quit to teach high school. He's cool with his money now too, buys us all pizza...
    Last edited by Cowutopia; 03 Dec 2004 at 03:03 PM.

4. If this is a PR stunt, which it reeks of because it's too good to be true...actually it's still cool and I still want to marry at least half of them. I have to say, I'm heartened by the reaction here. I hope it's shared by every other male they ever come into contact with.

Quote Originally Posted by animegirl20
    The asian chick is pretty cute though.
    I'll say.

If they were holding NGPCs it would fulfill like 8 different personal fantasies at once.
    -Kyo

5. Thi s is the single queerest thread at TNL...people complaining about hot girls enjoying their favorite past-time.
    your mom

6. Quote Originally Posted by cowutopia
    This seems to be a trend, I read about some other all-hot-girl squads in some shitty electronics mag a while ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Melf
    Aren't they mentioned in this month's EGM?
    This is the same group. It was 1 or 2 months ago.

Nah I'm talking about two different groups actually, but the one I remember most clearly was like, "The girls of CS." I picked it up in some crappy magazine I found at that NY "Game" expo, which was really just a huge electronics expo with a few crap games at the javitz center. I may have dropped the magazine in the river on the ferry back to my car.

It was a totally trash article. "Favourite food: Pizza!" "Favourite way of killing someone: Knifing them in the back!"

Though it was mildly interesting that the ones who had boyfriends had trouble because they were either into gaming a lot more than their boyfriends, and/or they were much better than them and made them feel bad.
    Last edited by Cowutopia; 03 Dec 2004 at 03:18 PM.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

8. It's a UBISoft PR stunt.....

"
    A little clarity...
    Nov 3, 7:10pm [PROFILE]

It has recently come to our attention that some believe that our connection to Ubisoft has not been sufficiently explained on our website. This has resulted in accusations that we’re nothing more than an insidious stealth marketing ploy. Since I’m the one Frag Doll who is also a full-time Ubisoft employee and, thus, have been around from the beginning, I am probably the best to help make this connection more explicit.

First, I have one point I’d like to clarify before I get into storytelling mode: we have never tried to conceal the relationship between the Frag Dolls and Ubisoft. In fact, the Ubisoft logo intentionally appears on our website, we use and communicate via ubi.com forums, and we’ve shared openly that we were recruited by Ubisoft. Neither we, nor Ubisoft, anticipated that some folks would be confused by the information that was (or apparently wasn’t) on our site. In order to avoid future misunderstandings and properly educate site visitors, we are putting together an FAQ that will include the following information and more.

The Frag Dolls are a group of girl gamers brought together by Ubisoft to play and promote games. It’s much like a sports sponsorship in which a company helps the athlete do what she does best. Ubisoft asks us to be informed about certain games so that we can talk about and play them well. In exchange, we’re supported in playing video games, competing, going to events all over the country, writing our own editorial blogs about whatever, being involved in online communities, and generally representing girl gamers by being ourselves. Because this is a community outreach effort on Ubisoft’s part as much as it is anything else, we have a mutually beneficial relationship.

The recruitment process was straightforward. The Craig's List “casting call” for girl gamers was posted. Respondents went through a multi-stage interview process in which the coordinators and candidates discussed the project’s overall goals and direction. In the final interview stage each candidate’s gaming skills were tested via Xbox Live. The competition was intense and final offers were made to the cream of the crop.

From the beginning it was obvious that the team’s success would be dependent on we girls contributing our own passion and purpose to the project. It’s definitely nice to get a paycheck for playing games, but all of us see this as more than just a fun source of income. Being women who have been gaming for years, we have plenty of experience with the stereotypes that run rampant in gaming communities. By working in tandem with Ubisoft, we’ve gotten the opportunity to break down those misconceptions and show everyone from the hardcore gamers to the mainstream that girls not only enjoy games, we kick ass at them.

If you’re looking for more details, keep an eye out for the FAQ, and remember that there’s always an open invitation for people to come find us in-game.

Oh, and one more thing. If we’re going to be known as the Spice Girls of video gaming, I get to be Scary Spice. : b
    "
    Backloggery
    GameTZ

Go home and be a family man.

9. I swear I'm the only person who reads epmode's posts anymore.