Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Nintendo Revolution

1. Thumbs Up The Nintendo Revolution

Source

Nintendo has been stressing over the past year that the gaming industry must either innovate or die. Instead of focusing on a more powerful system, Nintendo promised a next generation gaming machine unlike what the world has seen before. And, today, Nintendo revealed this "Revolution."

The Revolution.

Renamed to "Giant Red Ball", Nintendo's new console will not interface with a TV. In fact, it does not contain any electronic parts. Nintendo describes this new systems as a "Red, rubber, spherical apparatus" that can "bounce very high." Through Nintendo, gamers will be able to purchase game instructions that utilize the Giant Red Ball's hardware. Such examples Nintendo has in the works include "Dodge Ball", "Wall Ball", and "Four Square."

"Giant Red Ball will innovate the industry unlike any console before. Gamers will now be able to play games with a physical object, and it will require constant movement. It's durable shape and condition also allow it to be easily transported, whether you want to take it to a friends house for some multiplayer action or bring it to a playground to use during recess," said Nintendo.

A Nintendo test group having fun with Nintendo's Giant Red Ball.

Many are praising Nintendo's new console as a much needed idea, whereas others are skeptical. Critics are citing that, although Nintendo has created something new and unique, they are still refusing to conform to the new standard: online play. Nintendo still assures this wouldn't be profitable. However, Nintendo is considering making the final version of Giant Red Ball LAN compatible. In addition, Nintendo is stressing the revolutionary connectivity that Giant Red Ball will experience with the Nintendo DS and future Game Boy.

Giant Red Ball is expected to retail at a mere two hundred dollars, whereas Sony's and Microsoft's new consoles will be closer to three or four hundred. However, GameCube fans will be disappointed to learn that Nintendo has made the ill-fated decision to move Mario 128 and the new Zelda to Giant Red Ball as launch titles.

2. If only that were funny, it would be funny.

3. I thought it was real until I saw the big giant red ball. That clued me into it being fake.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

=/ I guess that is funny....maybe

5. Quote Originally Posted by Andrew
    I thought it was real until I saw the big giant red ball. That clued me into it being fake.
    That's something Jeremy would say.

6. Don't insult me like that, this whole thread is like something I would say.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

7. Quote Originally Posted by Rumpy
    That's something Jeremy would say.
    Or just anybody.
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

8. Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy
    Don't insult me like that, this whole thread is like something I would say.
    I wasn't insulting you. I was insulting Andrew.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Rumpy
    I wasn't insulting you. I was insulting Andrew.
    owned. Both of us.

but Jeremy moreso

10. Quote Originally Posted by Andrew
    owned. Both of us.

but Jeremy moreso

yeah. lol.