Page 1 of 20 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Washington Post calls GameCube obsolete.

1. Washington Post calls GameCube obsolete.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...-2004Dec1.html

One console, the Nintendo GameCube, is clearly obsolete, with a diminishing supply of new titles.
    Nintendo is on fire.

"I can only say that there is not a man living who wishes more sincerely than I do to see a plan adopted for the abolition of slavery." - Tommy Tallarico

2. And then they lost it.

"the Xbox is now the PS2's equal"

3. Indeed.
    Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.

4. knowing nintendo fans.. Washington post, will have an apology tommrow morning count on it..

5. Quote Originally Posted by maruchan
    knowing nintendo fans.. Washington post, will have an apology tommrow morning count on it..
    Why would a major newspaper feel obligated to apologize to nine year olds?

"I can only say that there is not a man living who wishes more sincerely than I do to see a plan adopted for the abolition of slavery." - Tommy Tallarico

6. Because this isnt the first time this has happend..

7. I'm not arguing that the Gamecube is clearly the most unpopular of the systems (being wrong sucks) but I do think that if any console is "obsolete" then it's the PS2. GTA:SA has pretty much cemented into place my belief that today's games just can't run well on that... thing.

I'm using obsolete in the technical sense, not the popular one. Also, most of my gaming is on the PS2. Love the games, tired of the system.

James

8. Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams
    And then they lost it.

"the Xbox is now the PS2's equal"
    It's obvious that the Xbox is far superior to the PS2.

So yeah, they are wrong when they called it the PS2's equal.

9. Quote Originally Posted by James
    GTA:SA has pretty much cemented into place my belief that today's games just can't run well on that... thing
    Why are you using Rockstar's games as a benchmark for a system? Instead, look to Metal Gear, Gran Turismo, Ratchet and Clank, or countless other games. Just because Rockstar is shit at programming doesn't mean the PS2 is incapable of running great modern games.

10. Quote Originally Posted by MarkRyan
    Why are you using Rockstar's games as a benchmark for a system? Instead, look to Metal Gear, Gran Turismo, Ratchet and Clank, or countless other games. Just because Rockstar is shit at programming doesn't mean the PS2 is incapable of running great modern games.
    Seriously. GTA runs on Renderware.

Hopefull the next generation of GTA won't use any form of Renderware since EA owns it now.

On the subject, Gamecube is obselete in that it has zero online support. Sega never counts.