Thread: Requiem from the Darkness

1. Requiem from the Darkness

We got a few of the first volume of this show at Best Buy not too far back and I was surprised that I'd never heard of it. It was also reported that Geneon discontinued the first disc the other day (source: ANN). I am quite the fan of Boogiepop Phantom, and this seems very similar to it: 13 episodes, episodic nature with an underlying plot, creepy shit happening, etc. Has anyone else seen this that could reccomend it?

2. Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee
    this seems very similar to it: 13 episodes, episodic nature with an underlying plot, creepy shit happening, etc.
    Yup, that's Requiem in a nutshell.

Go for it.

3. I have.
    I like.
    Creepy shit, excellent art style (despite the cheesy "sudden zoom-in" effects), interesting tales, and the samurai fights through episode four were crazy.
    Teh thumbs-up.
    ViciousJazz, get ready for a new "OMGYOUHAVETOWATCHTHIS!!!111" show.

4. Why they discontinue it? I was kinda interested in it, may have to check it out.

5. The one with the pencil board?

6. picked this up at BB for 9 bucks a few weeks back. Watched the 1st 2 episodes lats night.

It started off kinda shakey and the first 10-15 minutes seemed pretty old school artwise, but it took a turn for the better. After the second episode, I think im hooked. Crazy things happening, saving evil souls by destroying them, and almost naked chicks = +1 sale for volume 2