Thread: Silent Hill movie news

1. Silent Hill movie news

It's been posted here already that this project is in the works. The old thread is closed, so I just thought I'd start a new one.

AICN posted a link to Silent Hill screenwriter Roger Avary's personal blog where he talks about what's going on with the movie.

Click here too see what Avary has worked on. Hey, he's also writing (and directing, too) a movie version of Glamorama? Right on. I wonder if Christain Bale will do a cameo...?

Silent Hill is set to be directed by Christophe Gans, who directed The Brotherhood of the Wolf. The both seem to be taking this project very seriously, so hopefully it will be the freakiest shit to ever hit the screen. Supposedly Konami Japan is going to have a hand in it as well.

IMDB lists the release date as 2006.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

2. the rules of attraction was horrible.... HORRIBLE. Lets hope that doesnt happen with this.

3. Quote Originally Posted by RDM Brian
    the rules of attraction was horrible.... HORRIBLE. Lets hope that doesnt happen with this.
    I find it to be a pretty decent movie. The plot of the story is pretty lame, but I like the characters. The book is fantastic, too.

I'm excited for the SH movie. Christopher Gans is amazing.

4. I heard a super vague rumor that it is based on SH1. This would be very cool.

However, because my hopes are not high for video game movies, I will turn my attention to ZOMG THEY ARE MAKING A GLAMORAMA MOVIE. excitement!
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

5. Definately looking forward this. Ganz is quite talented and has cool style, so I hope that they get the script right.

6. Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

7. I'm sure this goes without saying, but for the sake of mentioning, the film is giong to contian some fairly grotesque and gut-renching creatures.

That being said, I wonder if they'll use CGI or go wholey based on real life costumes, which would rock.

Most likely the nurses(there better damn well be nurses) would proform more effectively if there was a real person behind the outfit as oposed to presetting movements and such on a desktop. I just wonder how far they'll go, really.

8. Live effects > GCI.

Well, usually anyway.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers