Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DDR SuperNOVA

1. DDR SuperNOVA

Quote Originally Posted by DDR Freak
    Jan 12, 2006 - New arcade DDR. Yes, new arcade DDR. - Cutriss
    Betson Enterprises and DDR Freak are proud to announce that the newest DDR arcade game, DDR SuperNOVA, is coming to North American and European arcades (as Dancing Stage SuperNOVA), and very soon. We're sure you all have many many questions about the game, and we'll be giving you more information as we get it, including news about the upcoming location tests, so watch this space!

Read on for more information...

I feel two things:
    1) About fucking time. New hardware, please.
    2) The new Pump game's going to slaughter it in terms of difficulty and presentation, regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee
    The new Pump game
    Tell me more.

3. Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee
    2) The new Pump game's going to slaughter it in terms of difficulty and presentation, regardless.
    I'm glad DDR is still relatively easy. The dance genre is a fun one, and it'd be a shame for it to go down the path of 2D fighters, shmups and PC adventures, focusing so hard on pleasing the hardcore that it forgets to offer anything worth a damn for everyone else and backs itself into a niche.

Quote Originally Posted by sethsez
    backs itself into a niche.
    Um... its a dancing game.

5. More of a niche than it already is.

6. In Greenbrier Mall we recently got some new dancing game by a company called Roxxor.

In the Groove 2 I think. The kids seem to love it.

7. By the way, DDRStrike comes out in Japan Feb 16.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Korly
    In Greenbrier Mall we recently got some new dancing game by a company called Roxxor.

In the Groove 2 I think. The kids seem to love it.
    ITG is done by the StepMania guys. They were just sick of Konami not releasing anything in the arcades and releasing the same old shit over and over again in the console market.

So... they made their own.

Honestly, it's for all of the crazy people who play the game to get MEGA ULTRA A+++++ x1000 and not those who're just trying to jump around, have fun, and make an ass out of themselves. You'll probably hear a lot of stomping coming from the machine 'cause everyone's always trying to get perfects.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh
    Tell me more.
    http://www.piugame.com/
    You'll see the "Pump Zero" button right there on the front page.

9. I noticed they don't sell any DDR games boxed with pads anymore. I tried to buy one at Best Buy and they were sold out. So I had to settle for a generic pad and DDR Max 2. That's fine with me, I just wanted to buy it for exercise mode so I can get some exercise for my fat, lazy ass.
    You don't have to be smart; you don't have to know the facts, you just have to be confident.

http://gamercards.exophase.com/37676.png

10. Quote Originally Posted by Josh
    Tell me more.