Thread: GODZILLA movies

1. GODZILLA movies

How come no one talks about Godzilla in this forum? Anime, Martial Arts, and Godzilla are all related, aren't they? =)

No, really. I love Godzilla, but outside of one other forum (Cinescape's Monster Zero forum, shutting down in June), I have no one else to rap Godzilla with.

There's gotta be some closet fans around here. Be heard! Godzilla RULES!

Has anyone seen the last two movies; Godzilla x Megaguirus and Godzilla, Mothra, King Ghidorah?

2. I love Godzilla. In fact, I get goosebumps every time I hear the Godzilla theme.

I own all the Godzilla movies released in North America on VHS/DVD. I haven't however seen the two newest ones yet. Any word on when, or if, those two movies are coming out in North America.

When I was little, I thought Godzilla was the best thing ever made. I think back when I was 5-7 years old, I must've watched a Godzilla movie every day. I never found out it was just a man in a suit until much later. Personally though, I'm glad that the newer movies still feature a man in a suit, as opposed to a CG Godzilla. It retains the classic feel.

BTW, the Hollywood version of Godzilla was a travesty. I saw that movie one time, and I don't think I could ever put myself through that hell again.
    -Mullet Jockey-
    Check out my site!
    Eat. Sleep. Music.

3. Originally posted by Seik
    I love Godzilla. In fact, I get goosebumps every time I hear the Godzilla theme.

I own all the Godzilla movies released in North America on VHS/DVD. I haven't however seen the two newest ones yet. Any word on when, or if, those two movies are coming out in North America.

When I was little, I thought Godzilla was the best thing ever made. I think back when I was 5-7 years old, I must've watched a Godzilla movie every day. I never found out it was just a man in a suit until much later. Personally though, I'm glad that the newer movies still feature a man in a suit, as opposed to a CG Godzilla. It retains the classic feel.

BTW, the Hollywood version of Godzilla was a travesty. I saw that movie one time, and I don't think I could ever put myself through that hell again.
    AHA!! I knew there had to be ONE fan out there!

Haha, funny you should mention that you didn't know G was a man in a suit until much later. I did the same thing. I remember actually crying when Godzilla died in the first movie, Godzilla, King of the Monsters!

And yes, that travesty known as Godzilla by Sony TriStar is an embarrassment to the Godzilla mythos. That Iguanasaurus did not even have a breath weapon, for Cripes sake! He is known in the Godzilla circles as GINO,
    Godzilla
    In
    Name
    Only.

I don't know if the Godzilla x Megaguirus and Godzilla, Mothra, King Ghidorah movies will be released here anytime soon, but I'm hoping. At least put 'em straight to DVD/Video! You can find Godzilla x Megaguirus all over eBay right now (that's how I got mine), but GMK is a little harder to find. There are VHS copies floating around, but they're camcorder rips, so I'm waiting for something of a little more quality.

Actually, there's a THIRD new Godzilla movie being made right now; Godzilla x MechaGodzilla. Tired of seeing rehashed villains, but MG was always Godzilla's greatest foe, so...