View Poll Results: Would Astro Blue's Scheme work? (read first)

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

4 25.00%
  • No

12 75.00%

Thread: Astro Blue's TNL Remix

1. Question Astro Blue's TNL Remix

Quote Originally Posted by AstroBlue
    I see it this way, TNL has always had two sides. One, is the "NeoZed/Melf" side, which is the serious hardcore gaming discussion with highly insightful and informative threads and reviews; the other, is the "Sl1p/diffusion x" side, which is the funny, ironic and playful shit stiring side of TNL. I can't see why both sides can't live in harmony, as they have, because both sides contribute to what is TNL.

But if the hierachy want's to make "good" of TNL. Why don't they just take Fight Club to the next extreme, I mean, wasn't the whole point of Fight Club, when burgundy started it, to "quarantine" the "bad" elements of TNL.

So this is how I see it:
    * You collapse the current Veteran's Board.
    * You outline a clear ToS for the public boards, which is tighter than what is currently, but nowhere near as tight as GameFAQs.
    * You set up a new Fight Club with "bad" analogues of the public boards, such as "Fuck Off" for "Sound Off" and "Gaming Trolls/Gaming Discourse/Nintendo Sucks" for "Gaming Discussion" in addition to "Skull & Bones". So that if Sl1p wanted to post that Mario Party Troll thread, he could do so in the "bad" version of Gaming Discussion.
    * Whenever anybody breaks the ToS, you warn them and move either the whole thread to its "bad" analogue or just the "corrupted" bit of the thread.
    * If somebody constantly breaks the ToS, you ban them from the public boards but let them post in Fight Club.
    I thought this was an interesting concept and wanted to see how public opinion was on it and whether it would get the green light.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

2. it's too complicated in practice

3. indeed
    Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.

4. it would be great for a while, but once the novelty wore off it'd be silly.

Should try it though!

5. No 4 100.00%

Pwnt.

The more subforums there are the less visits they get, and the less discussion there is overall.

See: Music Discussion, Cinemania.

7. Sorry, I've played through Metroid Prime 2 already...I don't want the same concept on TNL.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Josh
    The more subforums there are the less visits they get, and the less discussion there is overall.

See: Music Discussion, Cinemania.
    Cinemania?

It actually gets a good amount of posts compared to Music Discussion, and whatever the other 3 boards are under it.

I only know one is score attack
    R.I.P Kao Megura (1979-2004)

Compare it to how much discussion we got when we talked about movies in sound off.

Subforums make everything neat, and organized, at the expense of more conversation.