Page 1 of 20 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

1. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

Here's the teaser trailer!

What can you say? Tim Burton and Johnny Depp together again for Willy Wonka. Looks like a faithful remake from the original from the little bits shown. One of my top movies to see in '05.

2. looks pretty fag like, I'm down
    Commentaries and Opinions on Metal

3. I'm pretty excited to see this. Tim Burton said he wanted to make a faithful recreation of the original, but also wanted to make it a little more "demonic." Looks like it'll at least be decent.

4. Johnny Depp looks really fucking odd in that...

5. He does, and it's amazing. This movie is going to be awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

6. Depps hair looks really weird. When he's got the goggles on for the Mike TV scene he reminds me of Marilyn Manson.

7. uhhhhhh yeah. Who is this suppose to appeal to? I know everyone likes Burton and Depp but WTF! I thought this might have been cool but now I dont know.
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle

Giltch Guest
    Why doesn't someone just shoot Tim Burton?

Poor Depp is gonna regret this.

9. I actually saw the original in the theater in 1971 (IIRC). It's still pretty charming, and Gene Wilder was made for that role. At the same time it does seem more than a bit dated, so not a bad choice for a remake...not bad at all. Depp is talented, too, and I imagine he could pull it off well. The book by Roald Dahl is a bit dark in parts, but certainly not demonic. Hopefully, Burton doesn't overdo it.
    "Fiends! Animals! Bastards!"

10. gah.. all have to see this because i love the original so much.

On the script, the writer said he couldn't belive how much darker, the original one is compared to this one. It looks like ompa lumpa 's will be doing their songs, pop culture style..