Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Omega Drivers ready for ATI cards

1. Well... I tried them out.

And I get extremely bad texture clipping in and out on both World of Warcraft and Sims 2.

Haven't tried any other games, but seriously, fuck this.

WoW worked fine with the 4.10 betas, and now I got the landscape (AND MONSTERS) that clip in and out.

Anyone else have this problem?
    R.I.P Kao Megura (1979-2004)

2. Not that this is any help necessarily, but no. I'm playing WoW w/o AA but Application controlled AF (set to max in the game). Can't think of any game options that would cause this. *Maybe* leaving off 3x buffering, but I dont think so (should have that on anyway).

3. Eh, my computer wouldn't even start with the drivers installed. It rebooted during the windows load up. I might try the next Omega drivers but I'm good with the ATI drivers now.
    http://www.the-nextlevel.com/board/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1739&dateline=1225393453

Finally put the Omega drivers on my computer...me likey. My video card is one of the original Radeon 64s, and the newer ATI drivers don't like it that much, and the default XP drivers suck. I don't notice too much gameplay performance (other than...no random lockups so far) but Windows XP boots MUCH faster for some reason. Whee! Only problem is that it now lists the video capture device on it as an "unknown device" (XP actually had default drivers on it) but since I never use that, that's fine by me.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Screw being smart. This is TNL.

5. The Omega drivers don't come with the VIVO drivers. They can be found at Omega's site.

BTW, Omega repackaged a set of the OFFICIAL 4.12s...I don't think there were any performance tweaks from the BETA 4.12s, but there are some fixes from his earlier set. And Radlinker is newer...