Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 414161718

Thread: Wipeout Pure (psp) pics and interview

1. Quote Originally Posted by voltz
    PSP still $200?
    Unfortunately yes, Mr. Hirai still thinks the PSP is an IPod video. He and SCE also need to learn the consumer friendly alliteration of "bare bones bundle."

2. Bump.

OK, I watched the Wipeout Omega segment (near last quarter of the video, definitely take a look!) and the Euro pack looks awesome. Think Wipeout tracks but with trippy-'toonish Japanese tech graffiti art. It's like Wipeout meets Yellow Submarine. They said if NA gamers want the Omega pack, they can buy the Euro rev of Pure since of course, the PSP is region free for games. Wipeout is still my fave PSP game so I think I might get it. But if I buy the Euro rev, will it work with my North American saves?

(assuming someone doesn't figure out a way to get them for us NA guys anyways)
    Last edited by 1CCOSA; 13 Dec 2005 at 07:00 PM.

3. You know I just might get this, and wipeout pure is so enjoyable I wouldn't mind having to start from square one.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Dylan1CC
    But if I buy the Euro rev, will it work with my North American saves?
    It won't

The omega pack content was done in cooperation with some pretty awesome designers; Jon Burgerman, Mark James, Neil McFarland and the Parisian collective Scien.

5. Quote Originally Posted by nem
    It won't

The omega pack content was done in cooperation with some pretty awesome designers; Jon Burgerman, Mark James, Neil McFarland and the Parisian collective Scien.
    Well that bites. Unless someone figures a hack so they will work with the NA UMD then I guess I will just have to get the Euro rev someday.

6. New downloads available. If you connect to the Pure download site, there are Daxter, Jak and Socom themed "secret packs" available. You have to enter codes to get them, here is a list of the codes to enter:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/psp/code/920780.html

I downloaded the Daxter and Jak "packs." I now a Daxter face skin racer and a green Haven themed racer. Kind of lame and still hurts that we don't get the Omega packs, but it's something.

7. What was the bonus that came with the Stealth UMD? I remember them touting some exclusive Wipeout Pure content, but I never heard what it was.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Bacon
    What was the bonus that came with the Stealth UMD? I remember them touting some exclusive Wipeout Pure content, but I never heard what it was.
    pulled this off a random site:

three tracks, three crafts and three different player modes, including one new exclusive track and one new exclusive craft from the movie Stealth--multiplayer will be available for four players.