Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 111314151617 LastLast

Thread: War of The Worlds - Steven Spielberg

1. why did you post a bunch of shitty pics?

and since my theatre sucks, their speakers suck and they crank them so they distort.....what the hell happed before the aliens died when tom looked at the tripod and watched the birds shit on the vent?

Quote Originally Posted by FirstBlood
    So you actually think it's a good idea to leave it to a 10 second voiceover to explain the outcome of the entire movie?
    i certainly think the ending was rushed. they could have completely done away with the whole "blood fertilizer" part, since it really had no impact on the movie other than to say they chopped people up, and elaborated on why the aliens died more. i mean really, we saw no sustained effect on the earth as to why they sprayed the blood all overso why have it?

2. Quote Originally Posted by Dragonmaster Dyne
    why did you post a bunch of shitty pics?

and since my theatre sucks, their speakers suck and they crank them so they distort.....what the hell happed before the aliens died when tom looked at the tripod and watched the birds shit on the vent?
    The birds were sitting on the tripods to illustrate that the alien's shields were down. Neither of my friends got this either, so I called them fucking retards because Tom Cruise yells out "LOOK AT THE BIRDS, NO SHIELDS!!!" two times in a row, yet they didn't pick up on it.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Dragonmaster Dyne
    why did you post a bunch of shitty pics?

Well blame the quality of the version I got

I thought the picks where pretty good concidering that most of those screens are not out yet....
    Dont be a robot, be human.
    PSN: Di3heart

4. Quote Originally Posted by Regus
    yells out "LOOK AT THE BIRDS, NO SHIELDS!!!" two times in a row, yet they didn't pick up on it.
    see.....all i got from my theatre was rumbling, crackling noise. thanks for clearing that up. i thought at first that mebbe the birds were shitting in the air intakes or something

5. They don't chop people up. They suck the fools DRY. Yup, another "AHHH 1950's sci-fi!" homage.

6. I'm starting to think that Speilberg has seen his best days.

This wasn't a bad movie, and much better than Saving Private Ryan, Minority Report and AI (though, not as good as Catch Me), but add me to the list of the Tim Robbins Haters.

The dude can act, I hate the man and he rules in Shawshank, but there was no reason for him to be in this movie. Empty house = just as interesting.

1st half 10/10.
    2nd half 5/10.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Dragonmaster Dyne
    they could have completely done away with the whole "blood fertilizer" part, since it really had no impact on the movie other than to say they chopped people up, and elaborated on why the aliens died more. i mean really, we saw no sustained effect on the earth as to why they sprayed the blood all overso why have it?
    Because it was a pretty creepy and effective plot element, and tied directly into the alien terraforming attempt. I wouldn't get rid of it.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

8. Quote Originally Posted by Rumpy
    They don't chop people up. They suck the fools DRY. Yup, another "AHHH 1950's sci-fi!" homage.
    I had the impression that there was a big blender inside those tripods.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Cafeman
    I'd give War of the Worlds an 8/10 or so. I'd give the first half a 10/10!
    Next time bring a chart and register your emotional level on it every 15 mins. Remember to post your 'mood-chart' for the entire movie here! Ps. I'd love to see graphs and statistical data too.

Quote Originally Posted by Destin
    Did anyone seriously not know the ending? I thought for some reason it was well known how it ended. The whole movie I was just waiting for them to start dropping off. The basement scene lasted longer than my piss break, which was dissapointing. Overall, good movie.
    I personally thought the abrupt ending was part of this movie's (and the 1957's) charm. I just found it funny that these 'n00bs' didn't actually know that this was how it was supposed to end.

I have to disagree with you on the basement scene though, that was the most intense scenes in recent cinema memory. Tim Robbins excelled! I wanted to run up to the silver screen and kill him off myself. I was shocked at how long they could keep the thrill going without the movie getting boring! I guess this is the trademark of a master movie maker. This is not a joke: I held hands with a girl I brought along and I ended up squeezing her hand until it hurt. (also I grabbed her ass).

Again; see this in a drive-in theater for maximum enjoyment!
    nocturne:
    "I view terrorists as freedom fighters."

10. Quote Originally Posted by VIDEODROME
    I had the impression that there was a big blender inside those tripods.
    My memory might be a bit hazy, but when Cruise looks out of the basement window he sees a tripod holding a dude. It pins him on the ground behind a flipped car or something, and then another smaller tenticle comes down and the tip kinda opens or something. We don't get to see what it does exactly to them, but i remember seeing blood flow through the tentacle and then shoot out of the tripod *cue look of horror on Cruises face*. Of course those things could possibly dice, chop, puree, (when people are abducted and put in the bin) vaporize (cue fog horn) AND suck people dry (scene I just mentioned).

Walking alien Cuisinards!