Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Racism in sports

Oh, that he's a monkey...well gee. People are just generally fuckheaded, eh?

E - Gah it didn't look like you beat me to the punch.
    Last edited by Cowutopia; 16 Dec 2004 at 10:23 AM.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

2. Maybe they felt he need some more potassium in his diet?

This wasn't racist, they were concerned for his blood pressure.
    “The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, you know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.” -George Carlin

3. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa
    Racism in sports, at least european sports, really needs to be taken in the proper context.
    The fans over there go to great lengths to psych out the opposing team and throw off their concentration.
    For them, racism is just a really easy (and I guess lazy, not to mention tasteless) way of getting under the athlete's skin. I can't think of any particular animal noise or fruit that would have that effect on white players. Minorities are just the easiest target.
    Its not like the fans do these things to people they see on the street. Fans of opposing teams, on the other hand, just may get an ass-kicking.
    Precisely. These fans don't go to a match to get sedated and be polite. Some people choose to get aggressive at a particular time and place, like a football match, while others who aren't interested in sport focus their energy elsewhere. It might seem shocking to Americans since American sport events tend to me much more sedate and the fans more reserved.

Oh, wait, this could also be an elaborate Nintendo marketing stunt for the new DS Donkey Kong game.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Clash_Master
    Shut up, spick.
    There's no "k" in spic.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

5. "Racism in sports, at least european sports, really needs to be taken in the proper context.
    The fans over there go to great lengths to psych out the opposing team and throw off their concentration.
    For them, racism is just a really easy (and I guess lazy, not to mention tasteless) way of getting under the athlete's skin."

Stop pretending to know anything about sports. Do you think calling someone a "nigger" makes them play worse? That;'s like those people (read: Philly fans) that think that booing their own team helps them play better. Actually, instead of targeting you, I should target Europeans. They're stupid. They like SOCCER.
    Last edited by Joust Williams; 16 Dec 2004 at 02:00 PM.