Page 1 of 28 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: It's time to boycott EA

1. It's time to boycott EA

EA was bad enough when their mediocre games were all bestsellers based on the EA name and marketing, but now they're committing a cardinal sin. Sega made a landmark move that was creative, brilliant and a huge win for the consumer by making a fantastic sports product, giving it the ESPN moniker and pricing it at 20 bucks to compete with EA. EA freaked out, dropped their own prices then a month later just said "Fuck it, let's just not let you make games in the first place" and bought exclusivity for a HUGE sum on the NFL and are in negotiations to buy it for the NBA and MLB.

This is a monumentally brutal blow to the consumer, as competition is what drives quality up, prices down, and gives us options on how we want to play our favorite sports in videogame form.

As long as EA has exclusivity on the major sports, I will not buy EA sports games or any other EA-developed games. Who's with me on boycotting EA?

LAWL

And I'm a mod. So think about that.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

3. Anything that helps break the back of I support.

Fuck them and thier 32X. Karma is a bitch.

For the record ... there were incredible sports titles in the past that did not have licenses. (Joe Montana's Football - Genesis) So, if any thing ... this will push developers into making a better product, instead of making a Madden-clone at half the cost.
    Last edited by toxic; 15 Dec 2004 at 04:06 PM.

4. i'm for it. But coincidentally, i don't buy EA games anyway.

5. Quote Originally Posted by SpoDaddy
    EA was bad enough when their mediocre games were all bestsellers based on the EA name and marketing, but now they're committing a cardinal sin. Sega made a landmark move that was creative, brilliant and a huge win for the consumer by making a fantastic sports product, giving it the ESPN moniker and pricing it at 20 bucks to compete with EA. EA freaked out, dropped their own prices then a month later just said "Fuck it, let's just not let you make games in the first place" and bought exclusivity for a HUGE sum on the NFL and are in negotiations to buy it for the NBA and MLB.

This is a monumentally brutal blow to the consumer, as competition is what drives quality up, prices down, and gives us options on how we want to play our favorite sports in videogame form.

As long as EA has exclusivity on the major sports, I will not buy EA sports games or any other EA-developed games. Who's with me on boycotting EA?
    LAWWWL!

Sims 2/Battle for Middle Earth > 99% of everything released this year.

You lose.

Besides, now its even more likely Sega will go out of business. And then we will all win.
    Last edited by diffusionx; 15 Dec 2004 at 04:07 PM.

6. Quote Originally Posted by stormy
    i'm for it. But coincidentally, i don't buy EA games anyway.

I don't own any EA games that I know of, so my impact of not buying EA games will be zero.
    Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.

7. hahah oh no!! ea is out to get you!!!

8. Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    LAWWWL!
    You just had to go 3 points above Mzo's LAWL; it's always the same with you, now you're going to make him insecure and cry about having an inferior sized LAWL.

It's ok Mzo, it's not the size that counts, it's how you use it.
    Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.

Spo Daddy's icon is totally humping in time to the song I'm listening to.

Aww, but "Lick It" is too fast.
    Last edited by Cowutopia; 15 Dec 2004 at 04:15 PM.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

10. This isn't about Sega. Sega's not the only company that wants to be able to make sports games. Sega's deserved to go out of business for a while now but they should at least do so on their failures, not the first great thing they did in years.

Cowutopia: That's hot